Try This No-Bake Pumpkin Pie For An Autumn Treat
- Shireen Jamooji
Updated : October 14, 2022 12:10 IST
Cinderella turned it into a carriage, but we're turning it into delicious dessert!
With the coming of Autumn, pumpkins suddenly take the spotlight. Pumpkin spice lattes, and Halloween decorations, they’re everywhere. This humble gourd doesn’t always get its dues so when spooky season rolls around, it’s a great excuse to make the best use of this underrated ingredient.
The most classic dish is the pumpkin pie but if baking isn’t your thing or if you just want something a little bit quicker, then this No-Bake Recipe will come to your rescue. Featuring all the classic flavours of a traditional pie but without the hassle of perfecting a pie crust, this is an excellent option for an easy weeknight dessert or if you’re entertaining guests.
You May Also Like
Recipe: Pilates? No, we prefer pie-lattes especially if its protein pumpkin pie
Halloween 2021: A Desi Trick Or Treat With These 6 Pumpkin Recipes
The ultimate pumpkin pie recipe from Julia Child
Slurrp Exclusive- Spiced Pumpkin Pie By Chef Vanshika
A piece of cake for these home bakers from the North-East
Like a cheesecake, it utilises biscuits (or Graham Crackers if you have them) to create a dense base. Using ginger biscuits is a great choice because the mild spices perfectly complement the pumpkin filling. If you don’t have access to ready-made pumpkin puree, you can make your own very simply by roasting slices of pumpkin for 45 minutes to an hour at 190 degrees and then blending it into a paste. And just like that you can have a delicious, no-bake dessert ready in no time.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Packet of biscuits
- Cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling, optional
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, until well blended and fluffy.
- Blend the cream until it forms stiff peaks and fold it into the mixture.
- Add all the biscuits to a food processor and blitz them into a fine crumb.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter until it comes together into a dough.
- Press the biscuit crust into a pie tray or dish.
- Scoop the filling into the crust and flatten the top with a spatula.
- Cover and chill the pie for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar before serving.