Try This Homemade Mutton Korma Recipe Over Lunch
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Do you know that Mutton Korma is counted as one of the best mutton recipes? It is exceptionally delicious and spicy, with tender mutton pieces.
This mutton korma curry is cooked with curd-cashew paste, giving a rich flavour to the mutton curry. This finger-licking mutton recipe involves the slow-cooking process of mixing the spices until they turn succulent. This delectable mutton is served as a main dish, and we bet that you'll praise your culinary skills after trying this recipe. So try out this delightful mutton korma recipe right now.
- 500 gms mutton
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-5 green chilli paste
For Roasted Masala Powder
- 4-6 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 6-7 black pepper
- 1 black cardamom
For The Curry:
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fried onions
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large onions (finely, chopped)
- 2 tbsp thick curd
- 10-12 cashew nuts paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, as per taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 10-12 strands of saffron (soaked in 2 tbsp water)
- 2-5 drops of kewra water/ essence
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
How To Make Mutton Korma?
- To prepare the recipe for this delectable mutton curry, you need to grab all the ingredients and assemble them on the kitchen platform.
- Wash and drain the mutton and rinse all the excess water or you can pat dry the pieces. Take a large vessel/ bowl. Add the marination spices and add thick curd, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli, turmeric, coriander powder, and green chilli paste. First, whisk/ beat this mixture properly to combine the ingredients.
- Now add and mix the mutton pieces. Coat the mixture/ paste on the pieces thoroughly. Keep this aside for the marination process up to 1- 2 hours.
- Now moving on, take a small saucepan, dry roast all the spices until they turn a little brown and fragment.
- Add them to a blender and make a coarse powder of them.
- Prepare the mutton korma; take a large, heavy-bottom pan/ kadhai. Heat ghee/oil in a good quantity. Add 2-3 tablespoons of sliced onions, fry them till they turn brown, and keep them out to use later.
- In the same oil/ ghee. Add bay leaf with ginger-garlic paste. Stir them for seconds and add sliced onions. Saute them for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the curry spices, curd, coriander, turmeric, red chilli, cumin powder and fry them while stirring for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add marinated mutton to the kadhai, gently mix and fry this on medium flame.
- After 7-10 minutes, add cashew nuts paste and simmer this on low flame with cover on.
- Once mutton pieces turn a little soft, then add water, according to your consistency.
- Cook this until mutton completely softens or is cooked well.
- Add saffron water and kewra essence. Gently stir the curry. And turn the flame off.
Your mutton korma is ready; garnish it with freshly chopped coriander. Serve this with rumali roti, tandoori, naan, or with khamiri roti.