Try An Ice Cream Cake For Your Summer Celebrations
- Shireen Jamooji
Updated : March 14, 2023 06:03 IST
If you have a birthday or party coming up and you need a showstopping dessert, look no further than this ice cream cake. The perfect addition for a warm summer, this recipe makes an otherwise intimidating dessert seem really simple.
Ice cream cakes are a perfect dessert for summer or any time of the year, especially when you want to cool off with a sweet treat. Making an ice cream cake from scratch may seem daunting, but it's not as difficult as you may think. With a little patience and some basic ingredients, you can make a delicious ice cream cake that will impress your guests.
Making an ice cream cake at home from scratch is a fun and delicious way to impress your guests. With a few basic ingredients, you can create a dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The best part is, that it's customisable for any taste. Use store-bought ice cream or get adventurous and make your own to create new and exciting flavour combinations that are tailored to the occasion. Follow these simple steps, and you will have a homemade ice cream cake that is sure to be a hit. So, what are you waiting for?
You May Also Like
For the cake base:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the ice cream layer:
- 500 gm of your favourite ice cream
- ½ cup hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- To assemble the ice cream cake, soften the ice cream by leaving it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the cake into two layers horizontally.
- Spread the hot fudge sauce over the bottom cake layer.
- Spoon the softened ice cream over the fudge sauce and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the top cake layer over the ice cream layer and press down gently.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
- Once the cake is frozen, remove it from the pan and place it on a serving plate.
- Decorate the cake with whipped cream and any other toppings you like, such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit.
- Your homemade ice cream cake is ready to serve. You can keep any leftovers in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap or aluminium foil, for up to one week.