Come summers, the urge to have something lemon-y and citrusy is quite natural. The idea is to keep yourself refreshed and energized at all times and avoid any dehydration. In such a scenario, what’s that one drink that’s preservative-free, healthy and refreshing? A lemonade. How about you take it a notch higher and enjoy a glass of frozen lemonade, doesn’t that sound perfect?
A simple concoction of lemon juice, ice and water is what lemonade is all about. Flavoured as sweet, with sugar, and salty, with black salt, there are several variations to this classic drink that have come up these days. One of them is the frozen lemonade. To think when lemonade was actually invented, one would have to go back in time and look for when lemons were discovered.
The fact remains that we got a yummy and super-refreshing summer drink that cuts across cultures. If the sweltering heat is something that bothers you a lot, how about keeping a stock of frozen lemonade ready before the sun hits your face too hard. For the unversed, frozen lemonade requires all the same ingredients as your regular lemonade plus coconut milk, lemon zest and some ginger. After blending the ingredients, it acquires a slush-like texture and can be refrigerated for some time before consuming.
To make frozen lemonade mocktail this summer, here’s what all you’ll need to do.
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1/4 cup warm water
• 1 can light coconut milk well chilled
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• ½ cup lemon juice
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 3-4 cup ice cubes
• For garnish: lemon slices and mint leaves
• Begin by stirring honey in a glass of warm water.
• Once done, add it to a blender.
• Pour in chilled coconut milk.
• Then add your lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
• Add some ground ginger and pop in ice cubes.
• Blend it all together till it has a slushie-like consistency.
• Finally, pour it into your serving glasses and top with mint leaves and lemon slices.