Treat Yourself With A Spicy Masala Roti You Can Enjoy At Home
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : July 21, 2022 08:07 IST
Masala roti is yummy and flavourful that you can make in easy steps.
Have you ever considered making different types of Indian flatbreads that are equally healthy and tasty? If you love trying your hands on new recipes every once in a while, then this masala roti is what you can try out next. Masala roti is a delicious, heavy and spicy Indian flatbread that is infused with loads of traditional Indian spices. You can enjoy masala roti with any side dish and be sure to experience a burst of flavours and aromatic spices with every single bite of it, urging you to eat more. Moreover, you could eat masala roti alone, without combining it with a curry as the solid stuffing can fill up your tummy pretty well.
So grab all the deets below to make masala roti at home.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup gram flour
- Carom seeds
- 1 tablespoon zeera
- Crushed coriander seeds
- Finely chopped coriander
- Green chilli
- Red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ghee
Steps in the making-
- Take a big bowl and add salt, asafoetida, wheat and gram flour. Knead a smooth dough using water.
- Using the dough, make small balls and then flatten the balls for making roti. Grease the flattened balls with ghee.
- Meanwhile, take another bowl for making the stuffing. Add zeera, red chili powder, coriander seeds, chopped coriander and green chilies. Make sure to add a tablespoon of ghee to achieve a proper binding of the mixture. Mix everything well.
- Spread this mixture over the flattened dough and then roll into balls.
- Again, flatten the stuffed balls using a rolling pin.
- Transfer into a heated pan and heat the roti from both the sides on a low-medium flame until it looks crispy and turns brownish in colour,
Masala roti is ready! Serve hot and enjoy.