This World Whiskey Day, Whip Up Some Refreshing Whisky Concoction
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : May 21, 2022 14:05 IST
If you’re staying in and planning a house party, splurge on a bottle of whiskies and explore some fruity, delish concoction mixes at home.
It’s World Whiskey Day today, and what better way to celebrate than by raising a toast to your loved ones with some sensation cocktails. To brighten up your afternoon soirees and kick up your house party celebrations, Jimmy’s Cocktails and Pernod Ricard India have got you three delectable cocktail concoctions to add zeal to your celebration.
If you’re staying in and planning a house party, splurge on a bottle of whiskies and explore some fruity, delish concoction mixes at home. Let's go on a boozy binge with these cocktails to start off a relaxing weekend.
Mr. Ankur Bhatia, Founder & CEO, Jimmy’s Cocktails adds “Whisk(e)y has always been used to make cocktails and been a favourite with consumers. Whisk(e)ycocktails have also been a part of pop culture, think Don Draper sipping on an Old Fashioned. In fact, when you search for Cocktails, at least three Whisk(e)y-based drinks feature in the Top 10 list. The category now faces an all-new set of consumers who often make their entry into the category through now-classic drinks like the Whiskey Sour, given how balanced the drink is and how well Whisk(e)y takes to the cocktail. That’s actually a favourite even at my home bar, especially when served with a slice of orange.
Here are few cocktails raising a toast to the day
Classic Whiskey Sour
• Jimmy’s Whiskey Sour - 90ml
• Fresh Black Pepper - 3 numbers
• Whiskey - 60ml
• In a shaker glass, drop the fresh black pepper and crack it to release flavors.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and fill with ice.
• Shake well and strain into a whiskey tumbler filled with ice
Garnish: With freshly grated cinnamon powder
Minty Midleton Mule
• Jameson 45ml |
• Ginger Ale 90ml
• Lime Juice 10ml (With wedge squeezed and dropped in glass)
• Add plenty of ice in a copper Mug (or highball glass if a mug is unavailable)
• Then stir
Garnish: Mint sprig, Cucumber & 1 dash of Angostura bitters
Smokey Island Song
• Oaken Glow - 60ml
• Saline solution - 5ml
• Caramel Cordial - 5ml
• Orange Bitters - 3 drops
• Egg White - 1 number
• Shaken with ice and served straight into a tall stem glass.
• Finished with Burnt Orange oils