Instant Recipe: This Baisakhi, Dig Into This Nutritious Oats Kheer
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 12, 2022 16:04 IST
Here's a healthy oats recipe that you must try this Baisakhi.
Festivals and India go hand in hand. Before the next sunrise, there is always another reason to celebrate. This also leaves us with the tasty, rich, healthy and seasonal festive menus. Isn’t it wonderful how each region of our country has extraordinary recipes for each festival? While these are times to load up on healthy calories, given our sedentary lifestyles, it’s also time to explore healthy twists to these recipes. What’s more - if you have been looking for delicious ways to consume whole grains and millets, here is another chance. This Baisakhi, explore this healthy instant oat kheer from True Elements Instant Oats and True Elements Essential Daily Dose Mix:
- Cooking Time - 15 minutes
- Serves - 2
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon ghee (optional)
- 1/2 cup True Elements Instant Oats
- 3 cups of milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup powdered jaggery
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoon True Elements Essential Daily Dose Mix
- Take a cooking pan/pot of your choice; heat the ghee and let it melt.
- Lower the cooking flame; add True Elements Instant Oats and roast it well in the melted ghee.
- If you choose not to use ghee, mildly dry roast True Elements, Instant Oats for 1 to 2 minutes (until the oats turn a soft brown colour).
- Add milk of your choice and mix well; the oats will soften in about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add True Elements Essential Daily Dose Mix and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes with occasional stirring, and switch off the flame.
- Oats Kheer will thicken as it cools; serve warm, refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours and serve chilled.
- If you plan to refrigerate the Oats Kheer, let it cool down to room temperature before moving it to the refrigerator.
- Also, jaggery may be a bit tricky to handle on the flame. If you can quickly stir the kheer, go for jaggery. If not, take sugar/any sweetener of your choice. You may also prepare oats kheer with less sweetener, as per your taste and dietary requirements.