Tea lovers rejoice! 5 types of tea for your medley of moods
- Shifa Khan
Updated : February 14, 2022 16:02 IST
Did you know that there's tea that can change your mood? Sip on to these healthy teas as an instant mood booster!
It’s impossible for your mood to remain unchanged, so there is a variety of tea that acts as a catalyst in enhancing your mood. Tea’s relaxing and meditative properties are well-known. Hence, for us Indians, our day starts with a cup of ‘garam chai’. While there are many benefits associated with black tea, there are other teas you shouldn’t miss out on!
What’s the fun in not switching up your cuppa according to your mood? HealthShots spoke to Ms. Rubaina Adhikari, a Dietician and Fitness Enthusiast to list a few beneficial types of chai we should switch to.
“Tea improves your mental acuity and alertness while also providing you with much-needed energy, depending on your mood. What makes tea even great is that it provides your body with several health benefits,” says Adhikari.
Here is a tea to fix your every mood:
Well, sadness is a terrible emotion but sometimes it just gets to you as an inescapable part of your life. However, to boost your mood, mint tea is the ultimate solution. Peppermint tea has muscle relaxing and calming properties in it. These can help you feel better when you’re upset. A cup of mint tea can open your clogged sinuses and relieve migraines due to its anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s how to make mint tea:
- To a cup, add a twig of mint leaves.
- For sweetness, you can add a tsp of honey to it.
- Pour hot water into the cup.
- Let the mint steep it’s goodness into the hot water.
- Sip warm.
For night owls, lavender tea is one of the best teas for promoting sleep. It helps to reduce blood circulation, which lowers the heart rate and nervous system activity and helps in attaining sound sleep.
Here’s how to make lavender tea:
- Boil water in a kettle or a saucepan.
- Add fresh lavender buds to a diffuser ball or a lavender tea bag into your cup.
- Pour hot water into the cup.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your fragrant cup of tea.
Well, your adrak wali chai also has some health benefits to offer other than the sharp taste. Ginger tea has a lot of mood-boosting properties, which leads to a significant increase in energy levels and a feeling of warmth and comfort. Ginger tea aids in the absorption of nutrients and improves circulation. Therefore, when you’re suffering from a feeling of fatigue and low energy levels, sip on some good old adrak chai.
Here’s how to make ginger tea:
- Boil some water in a kettle or a saucepan.
- Chop juliennes of ginger
- Slice a lemon into round pieces.
- Add a lime slice and ½ tsp of ginger juliennes to a cup.
- Pour hot water on top.
- Let the tea steep for a few minutes.
- Enjoy hot!
It’s time to pay attention to that holy basil plant in your garden if you’ve been treating it like any other plant. This herb, when taken as tulsi tea, provides mental health advantages unlike any other. With its ability to reduce physical and psychological effects of stress, holy basil tea can be sipped on after a long and tiring day at work. Tulsi tea offers respite like no other while suffering from hot flashes during menopause. It is also known to strengthen the immune system.
How to make tulsi tea:
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Once boiling, add 7-8 leaves of holy basil or tulsi to it.
- Let it boil for another two minutes.
- Strain it in a cup.
- Add honey for sweetness and if you’re suffering from a sore throat.
- Drink hot!
5. Mood swings
Mood swings can make you feel disturbed and angry, causing you to acquire a brief hatred for everything. Lemon tea might help you improve your mood while also reducing your Irritation and aggression.
Here’s how you can make lemon tea:
- Heat water in a kettle or a saucepan.
- Add ½ inch pc of crushed ginger.
- To the boiling water, add half lemon peel.
- You can also add half tsp of black tea to it.
- Strain the mix.
- Squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Enjoy it hot.
Tea comes in a variety of flavors to suit any mood. All you got to do is try these different teas to see how they might help you conquer your mood, Ladies!