Tasty Frozen Yoghurt Dessert Recipes That Are A Must-Try
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : May 25, 2022 07:05 IST
Desserts made from frozen yoghurt are delicious and have all the health benefits of the yummy ingredient
Frozen Yoghurt, is basically a frozen dessert made from milk and other dairy and non-dairy products. Frozen yoghurt is a healthier alternative to the ice-cream and is just as delicious. Recipes involving Frozen yoghurt as an ingredient, often turn out to have a sweet and tangy taste. Frozen yoghurt has many health benefits including being rich in probiotics, having lower levels of lactose, and being full of nutrients.
Frozen yoghurt is a popular choice for dessert amongst foodies. However, you can also make desserts using frozen yoghurt as a base ingredient. These recipes are healthy and have all the health benefits of the frozen yoghurt. Here are a few delicious recipes, made from frozen yoghurt that you could try your hands at:
Frozen Yoghurt Cookies
- 15 crushed Oreo cookies
- Half a cup of dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of chocolate syrup
- 1 vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 carton of frozen whipped topping
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of Oreo cookie crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs into an dish coated with butter. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Gently spread frozen yogurt over the cookie crumbs. On top of it, put the chocolate syrup and the peanuts. Spread the whipped topping and sprinkle with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before you serve.
Frozen Yoghurt Donuts
- Frozen raspberries
- 170 grams of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- Frozen raspberries
- Mix the frozen yogurt and the raspberries or strawberries jam.
- Chop the frozen berries and the pistachios and place them into the donut mold and fill with yogurt.
- Let the filled molds sit in the freezer and take them out a 5 minutes before serving the frozen donuts.
Frozen Yoghurt Cake
- 250 g strawberries
- 16 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 250 g bananas
- 250 g raspberries
- 250 g blackberries
- seasonal berries
- Using a cling film, line a loaf tin
- In a blender, blend the strawberries with 4 tablespoons of frozen yoghurt. Pour the fruit mixture into the tin and place it in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Next, blend the bananas with another 4 tablespoons of frozen yoghurt. Add this layer atop the existing layer to the tin and keep it back in the freezer.
- Repeat with the other 2 types of fruit and the remaining frozen yoghurt.
- Your cake is ready when the top most layer of the cake gets hard, Slice the cake while still frozen and serve with mangoes, strawberries or any of your favourite fruits.