Tamatar Pyaz Ki Sabzi: Every Bite Loaded With Yummy Tanginess
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 20, 2022 03:09 IST
This dish is the perfect harmony of tart and hot flavours
Tamatar Pyaz Ki Sabzi (or Tomato Onion Dry Curry) is a South Indian dish that is simple to prepare with only a few ingredients found in most kitchens. This dish is made with tomatoes, onions, herbs, and spices, and it’s ideal for lunch or kitty parties. This meal has the ideal balance of tangy and spicy flavours. Serve this stew to your loved ones over steamed rice or tawa roti.
It is not only delicious but also very healthy. This low-calorie, low-carb delicacy is packed with nutrients and offers a long list of health advantages. A single tomato contains around 40% of the daily necessary minimum amount of Vitamin C. Additionally, tomatoes contain potassium, a crucial ingredient for heart health, muscle contractions, and sustaining a balanced blood pressure and fluid balance, as well as Vitamin A and K, which promote bone health, immunity, and the health of your vision and skin. Additionally, it enhances digestion, increases immunity, and improves vision.
Depending on whether you prefer your cuisine mild or spicy, you may easily change the proportion of green chilies. This curry recipe can be made for special events like potlucks, picnics or even family gatherings. You can enhance the flavour of this dish by adding a puree of overnight soaked almonds. This will not only improve the flavour of the food but also give it a nutty and creamy flavour. To make this recipe even more intriguing, you may add your own unique twist of ingredients. If you enjoy a specific seasonal vegetable, you can also include it. The ideal way to prepare it is your own approach, where you may adjust the amount of spices according to your tastes. If you want to treat you family with something both delicious and healthy, serve it as a side with rice, and you will undoubtedly receive compliments.
Here’s the recipe for Tamatar Pyaz Ki Sabzi.
- 4 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds, and wait for them to start to crackle.
- Add the bay leaves, curry leaves, cloves, and cinnamon stick once it starts to crackle, and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic, onion, and green chilies.
- The onions should be sautéed until they start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder, and salt to taste once onion are tender and soft.
- Add a few tablespoons of water, and cover the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for two whistles and then turn off the heat.
- Once the pressure has been released, taste the Tamatar Pyaz Ki Sabzi and adjust the salt and spices as necessary.