Sweet Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : November 24, 2022 14:11 IST
After knowing all these amazing benefits, you must be wanting to eat sweet potatoes. We have an amazing recipe for you that will not only help you enjoy this vegetable, but also solve your confusion as to what you need to cook for your evening snacks
Winters are here and it is the season when you experiment with different vegetables and fruits because they are all readily available in the market. Making different snacks and food items out of the abundant variety of vegetables is not only interesting, it is also very nutritious. One of the very nutritious healthy and wholesome vegetables that we get to enjoy during winter season is the sweet potato. Before we look at a wonderful recipe to make sweet potato cutlets, let us understand what are the major benefits of eating this winter vegetable.
- Also known as shakarkand, sweet potato is an amazing source of vitamin D.
- This tuberous root has nutrients which help in building our immunity and giving us the strength to fight the winters.
- Sweet potato is also fully loaded with potassium, calcium and magnesium, which are very important for our health.
- If you aren’t already impressed by all that, sweet potato is a low-calorie vegetable as well. So, you can have it guilt-free.
After knowing all these amazing benefits, you must be wanting to eat sweet potatoes. We have an amazing recipe for you that will not only help you enjoy this vegetable, but also solve your confusion as to what you need to cook for your evening snacks. Here is a sweet potato cutlet recipe for you.
- 5-6 Sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp Ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Besan
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Amchur powder
- Salt as required
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- Roast the sweet potato in the microwave oven till it soft and cooked. Stich a fork to check the same.
- Alternatively, you can do the same on a tandoor or angeethi.
- Mash the cooked sweet potatoes so that there are no lumps.
- Add the chaat masala, amchur powder, lemon juice, cumin powder, garam masala, green chilli-ginger paste and besan and mix it properly.
- The besan will bind the cutlet together and make sure it does not break when it is put in oil.
- Heat up oil in a shallow pan. Shape the mixture into tikkis and pan-fry it in oil.
- Your sweet potato cutlet is ready! Serve it with chutney.
These sweet potato cutlets are great for your evening hunger pangs. Try the recipe and enjoy!