Chef Amit Kocharekar's Recipe Is Perfect For Your Dinner Table
Summer, especially tropical summer, can be really bad, and one feels like having light and flavourful food. The idea is to have refreshing food which keeps us hydrated for long days. These are simple salads ideal for summer brunch, lunch, or even a dinner party. They are packed with health and are equally delicious; they can substitute for a complete meal. These are well-rounded salads with great flavours and multiple textures. Fennel and Mustard, if added to this recipe, can add an extra touch of goodness to the recipe.
Summer Salad With Duo Of Mango By Amit Kocharekar Executive Chef, The Resort, Mumbai
1. Clean the rocket and romaine lettuce and put them in ice water for a while
2. When its crisp, take out and drain water; keep a side and cover with a neat and clean wet cloth
3. For the dressing, take olive oil, add mustard and honey, whisk nicely, add black pepper and salt to taste, and a few chilli flakes to spice
4. Take out the skin of raw mango then cut it into the Julianne, Peel the Alphonso skin then cut it to the length wise, Take a French bread and cut it to the length wise then put some olive oil on top of the bread then grilled
5. Take neat and clean bowel, add both lettuce, raw mango, cherry tomato, walnuts, and feta cheese, then add dressing in it, toss with a very soft hand, check the seasoning
6. Place the salad on the plate, put some Alphonso slice, walnut and feta cheese on top And grilled bread drizzle some olive oil on top of the salad.