Stir-Fried Bell Peppers: An Indo-Chinese Fusion Dish
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 01, 2022 16:09 IST
This recipe is a mélange of sweet, savoury, and tangy
Bell peppers are less pungent chilli varieties called ‘sweet peppers’ or ‘paprika’. Though they are fruits, they botanically come under the ‘berries category’ and used as vegetables or side ingredients. They are found in various colours. The most commonly found ones are red, yellow, orange and green. The others which are less seen are brown, white, lavender and dark purple. Bell peppers are generally used as side ingredients in food recipes.
They are used in pastas, sphaggetis, noodles, sandwiches, rolls and others, rarely used as a main dish. Here sharing a stir-fried capsicum recipe which could perfectly go as an evening snack or a good option for weight loss meal. This recipe is convenient to make, light for the stomach and is healthy. The tanginess is because of the sauces used while preparing this dish.
This recipe is easy, convenient and healthy. It could be eaten as an evening snack or along with chapatis for any time of the meal. This could easily be made and carried in tiffin boxes. The crunch of the capsicums and the tanginess of the soy sauce makes it tasty. It could also be a healthy alternative for the Chinese chilly recipes, if some roasted tofu or paneer are added along with it .
A raw red bell pepper contains 94% water, 5% carbohydrates, 1% protein, and almost zero amount of fat and hence acts as a good weight loss food. A red bell pepper contains twice the Vitamin C and eight times the Vitamin A as green capsicum. Bell Peppers are a rich source of Vitamin C, thus helping in immunity building. They have good amounts of Vitamin A, B6, E and other necessary nutrients such as folate, riboflavin, etc. They are used as salads or as pizza toppings.
Here’s the recipe for Stir-Fried Bell Peppers.
- 4 red, yellow, green, and orange bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- ½ tsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Cut half of each bell pepper into long slices and finely chop jalapeno and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and jalapeno, stir fry them until turned golden brown.
- Add the bell peppers and give them a good quick stir and add salt.
- Cover the pan and cook for about two minutes, the bell peppers should not lose their crunch.
- Now, add soy sauce and stir again until fried.
- Add pepper powder and give a nice toss.
- Now, take out the stir-fried bell peppers on a plate and sprinkle roasted white and black sesame seeds to add the extra crunch and also to make it look appealing.
The Stir-Fried Bell Peppers are ready to be served.