Spicy Cajun To Salsa Rosa: Best Dips To Try With Fish And Chips
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : June 16, 2022 02:06 IST
A dip is to Fish and Chips, as tomato sauce is to pasta. Here are a few dip recommendations that are a must-try
One of the tastiest dishes to try out at various cafés in the coastal parts of India is Fish and Chips. Fish is the healthiest form of animal protein and has a lot of health benefits, including providing essential nutrients for your skin and hair. Fish and Chips are incomplete without the perfect dip to pair them with. A dip is to Fish and Chips, as tomato sauce is to pasta. Here are a few dip recommendations that are a must-try for your next time you make fish and chips at home.
1. Spicy Cajun Dipping Sauce
Prepared within a few minutes, this dip is going to be a great addition to your menu, regardless of what you’re cooking. From going great with Fish and Chips to being the perfect topping for a burger or shrimps on a stick, the spicy cajun dipping sauce is versatile, easy to make and delicious.
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of spicy sauce
- Half cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- One and a half cup of sour cream
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together until they turn into a creamy dip.
- Refrigerate the dip before you enjoy it with your platter of fish and chips.
2. Homemade Tartar Sauce
Making a tartar sauce from scratch at home is way better than buying it from a store. While making the recipe, you could add or reduce the quantity of ingredients according to your liking. This tartar sauce will go well with seafood dishes.
- Half teaspoon of mustard sauce
- Half cup of mayonnaise sauce
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- One tablespoon chopped dill
- One teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and chopped dill.
- Keep whisking and stirring the mix until the ingredients are blended well and completely combined.
- Next, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for an hour before you try it out with fish and chips.
3. Salsa Rosa
Salsa Ross is a Spanish sauce that’s pink in colour and has a sweet and tangy taste to it. People also refer to it as the Spanish version of a cocktail sauce. This sauce will pair perfectly with all types of shell fishes, and with a serving of fish and chips.
- 3 droplets of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4th cup of ketchup
- 3/4th cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add ketchup, mayonnaise, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and mix and whisk until creamy.
- Add 3 drops of the Tabasco sauce and taste; add more hot sauce and salt if needed.
4. Avocado Dip
This avocado dip is the favourite of foodies who are hooked to eating healthy. Along with the nourishment of avocado, the probiotics from the yoghurt boost one’s health. The flavour is tangy and salty.
- Lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yoghurt
- A pinch of garlic powder (to taste)
- Mash the avocado.
- Mix in lime juice, yoghurt, salt and garlic powder.
- Adjust ingredient measurement according to your taste. Enjoy your avocado dip.