Spaghetti Alfredo, Lemon Meringue Pie And More: Athiya Shetty Enjoys Her Fancy Dinner Outing
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : May 24, 2022 08:05 IST
The actress keeps updating photos of her favourite gourmet food on her social media.
Athiya Shetty’s affair with food makes for one of the most interesting content binge, on the internet, for any foodie. From healthy drink recipes to delicious snack platters, there’s a something for everyone to enjoy on Athiya’s Instagram profile. The actress is also in a habit of posting a lot of what she enjoys eating to her Instagram stories. Even recently, Athiya recently shared photos of her meal on her social media. The first photo was of a plate of spaghetti, tossed in white sauce with charred Parmesan shavings. The second photo was of lemon meringue pie. The meal looked aesthetic and absolutely tempting.
Athiya’s love for indulging in desserts, is not new. She has always posted photos of various sweets that she loved eating, to social media. Within the list of her favourite sweet cravings are ice creams, cookies, tarts, pies, cakes, pastries and cupcakes. Athiya also loves to keep herself hydrated with various nourishing beverages like coconut water, beetroot juice, and her favourite drink - coffee. The actress shared a photo of two cups of coffee to her Instagram recently, which hit fans speculating if she’s sharing coffee with her boy friend KL Rahul. Within the photo we’re two cups of coffee and Athiya captioned it, ‘round 2.’ Athiya posts about her liking for coffee, quite frequently on her social media.
Athiya has spoken about how she enjoys indulging in her favourite cheat meal - french fries and its several variants accompanied with a nice juicy cheeseburger. Athiya loves Japanese food and wills to go to Tokyo and eat an authentic Japanese meal. In the past, Athiya has also shared photos of a shared meal with her boyfriend and cricketer KL Rahul. She recently shared a photo enjoying pancaked with the caption, “KL Rahul finally sharing his food”.
If Athiya’s food snaps have got you craving for a lemon meringue tart, then you must try out this recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor:
- 75 ml lemon juice
- 200 grams short crust pastry dough
- 75 grams butter + for greasing
- 188 grams refined flour + for dusting
- 180 grams castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 112 grams glucose
- 6 grams baking powder
- 38 ml milk
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Italian meringue
- 80 grams egg whites
- 40 grams castor sugar
- A pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 180° C and meanwhile grease a 6 inch square baking tin with some butter. Also dust with some flour.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and whisk. Add glucose and whisk well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in the butter-sugar mixture and whisk. Add lemon juice and whisk again. Next, add milk and whisk well.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and tap. Put the tin into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and demould. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out the short crust pastry dough into a thin sheet.
- Place a medium size tart mould inverted on the sheet and cut into roundels leaving 1 cm from the edges.
- Line the individual medium size tart moulds with the prepared dough roundels and trim off the excess dough from the top.
- Place a parchment paper on top of the prepared tart base and fill them with baking beans.
- Put the tart moulds into the preheated oven and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
- Halve the sponge horizontally and cut into roundels using a medium size cookie cutter.
- Line each tart shell with sponge roundels.
- Fill a piping bag with lemon curd and pipe out on top of the prepared tarts.
- To prepare meringue, take castor sugar and ¼ cup water in a non-stick pan. Place it on heat and make a sugar syrup.
- Take egg whites in a bowl. Add cream of tartar and beat till light and fluffy. Add sugar syrup gradually and beat till soft peaks appear.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the meringue and pipe out on top of the prepared tarts.
- Brulee the meringues using a blow torch and serve.