Sole Meunière - The Parsley And Lemon Fish We Can’t Get Enough Of
Updated : March 28, 2022 16:03 IST
This is for all those who enjoy seafood and are always looking for new and inventive ways to prepare it.
"Sole" is a type of fish, and "meunière" is a technique that means coating the fish in flour before cooking it in a parsley, butter, and lemon sauce. Sole meunière is a traditional French meal in which sole fish fillets are floured and pan-fried in butter before being topped with parsley and lemon slices.The main ingredient, parsley, provides the meal a distinct peppery flavour that elevates the "sole meunière" to a whole new level.
As we all know, sole is the king of fishes and one of the oldest species of fish still alive today. Sole has a gentle, mildly sweet flavour with delicate undertones. It is a favourite among all seafood enthusiasts because of its particular flavour.
The advantage is that, unlike other types of fish, it does not have a strong fishy flavour. This is also why it is such a popular option for so many people. With its wonderful taste and flavours, sole fillet cooked with flour, butter, parsley, and lemon transports us to another universe. We could even add garlic to further enhance its taste.
Recipe to make Sole meunière-
Prep time : 20-25 minutes. (Serves two)
● ½ cup all purpose flour
● 4 sole fillets
● Fresh parsley leaves
● 2 Lemon slices
● 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● salt and pepper
For the fish:
● Rinse fish in fresh water, pat it dry with tissue paper and then sprinkle salt over both sides
● Coat the fish fillets with flour and keep it aside
● Heat a pan, put some oil, let it heat and then add butter and let it turn a little golden
● Add the fish fillets and cook for 1-2 minutes until it turns a light golden colour from both the sides.
● Remove from heat and put it on a plate
For the sauce:
● Take another pan, add butter and cook for 1-2 minutes until it turns golden and remove from heat.
● Put fresh parsley leaves and lemon juice into in and stir it.
● Put this sauce on your fish fillets and garnish it with more parsley leaves and Lemon wedges.
This recipe is one of the easiest fish recipes that we can follow. Sole fish made with parsley, butter and lemon sauce tastes so delicious that you would find yourself making it more often. You could whip this dish in around 20 minutes if you are expecting guests for dinner or even for yourself when you are craving fish but dont want to make any great efforts, this dish would do it for you
Side dishes to serve Sole meunière with:
● Mashed potatoes
● Roasted tomatoes
● Roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese
● Roasted Italian style mushroom and vegetables.
You could always serve this dish with a glass of white wine to make it a much more finer experience.