Essentially summer sees more healthy and organic ingredients that also has a high-water content along with it being easy to pair and eat.
Come summers are we all look for something that is soothing and cooling. With Delhi already at 38 degrees, the coming months are no way gonna be a relief. Needless to say, that hot food are not just for the season and also something that’s not that spicy. From juices to salads to cooling cocktails and more tops the list. The plate surely changes from winter delights to something that’s light and yet healthy too. Essentially summer sees more healthy and organic ingredients that also has a high-water content along with it being easy to pair and eat. A fresh bowl of veggies or even some light drinks surely lift the mood.
And those wondering what a cold salad is it’s those salad bowl which sees all fresh and special summer ingredients like mangoes, spinach and more which have barely been roasted or cooked. Topped with some refreshing dressing like lemon and oilive oil or balsamic this one is an instant refreshing factor.
Summer special cocktail with a Gin base from the mixologist at the Safari Lounge and a cool Summer Salad refreshing recipe by Executive Chef Vijay Thapliyal of The Lodhi, New Delhi. The iconic hotel is a fine example of intuitive expression of a contemporary yet stylishly confident India. It’s known for it’s bespoke experiences of culture, cuisine, wellness, lifestyle, and personalized space.
Summer Salad - Apple, Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes and Mesclun Salad with Balsamic Dressing
• Red Apple 60gms
• Green Apple 60gms
• Pine Nuts 05gms
• Sundried Tomatoes 05gms
• Assorted Lettuce 80gms
• Goat Cheese 60gms
• Micro Greens For garnish
Balsamic Dressing -
• Balsamic Vinegar 60ml
• Olive Oil 40ml
• Dijon Mustard 10gms
• Salt / Pepper To taste
For The Dressing -
• Mix vinegar, olive oil and mustard in a bowl and whisk vigorously till the mixture emulsifies to a pouring consistency. Add salt and pepper as per taste and keep aside.
For Salad -
• Clean and wash the salad leaves and put them in a colander to drain out the water.
• Thinly slice the apples.
• In a mixing bowl, add the leaves, apples, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts. Mix together with soft hands.
• Roughly crumble the cheese and mix with the ingredients.
• Place the salad in a serving bowl and drizzle the balsamic dressing.
• Sprinkle black pepper and micro greens on top and serve.
Kaffir Jalapeno Gimlet
A refreshing blend perfect for summers with citrus flavours of yuzu and kaffir
• Gin - 60ml
• Yuzu Syrup - 10ml
• Kaffir Lime Leaves - 4 nos.
• Fresh Lime Juice - 15ml
• Jalapeno Juice - 5ml
• Muddle kaffir lime leaves and jalapeno. Add other ingredients. Shake well and strain in a chilled coupe glass.