As per Chef Robin different culinary treasures and flavour combinations bring out true joy from within.
Come summer and the market is laden with mangoes of all varieties. Result you end up making end number of desserts. One of them being Mango Pudding. This smooth velvety dessert is an all time summer favourite amongst many. This dessert sees a great melange two fruity flavours of mango and coconut.
This English dessert that supposedly originated in 1305, but then the meaning and the way it was done was much different. But later the word and the dish took a different shape and pudding took on an entirely different meaning. The English dessert puddings were known for more homogenous texture and usually used eggs. This holiday dessert made during Christmas saw a lot of dry fruits too.
Taking a different peg to this dessert, under the guidance of Pastry Chef Robin Kumar, the specially curated menu shall offer you classic summer delicacy with a modern twist. DoubleTree by Hilton Jaipur Amer introduces a summer desserts that combines one of the best mango pudding. It is a new and limited edition dessert in our Aravali bar and grill menu that brings together multiple summer flavours into a single pudding. Every summer in Jaipur, we struggle with the unfaltering heat and trickles of unrelenting sweat down our backs. Thankfully, we can combat the waves of hot temperatures and humidity, as well as satiate our sweet tooth with a wide selection of cooling desserts at DoubleTree by Hilton Jaipur Amer.
“Food is like passion, it comes from within and it touches heart. Different culinary treasures and flavour combinations bring out true joy from within. Bringing people the feeling of comfort and warmth through food is what I truly love doing.” Chef Robin, Pastry Chef, DoubleTree by Hilton Jaipur Amer, remarked.
For their original taste and rich texture, our desserts are highly renowned across the city. The mango pudding has been made with classic ingredients like mango pulp, coconut cream as well as spices like Glazed cherry for Garnish.
Mango pudding recipe
• Fresh cream 100 ml
• Full cream milk - 50 ml
• Coconut cream 30 ml
• Mango pulp - 100 ml
• Agar Agar - 15gm
• Sugar - 20gm
• Vanilla pod 1 no
• Glazed cherry for Garnish
• Mix cream, milk and sugar in a sauce pan and keep it on the stove top. Stir and mix very well.
• The sugar should dissolve completely. keep on stirring at intervals while the cream mixture comes to a gentle boil.
• Wait for about 5 mins till the pudding mixture becomes less hot. Then add the mango puree, coconut cream and vanilla extract.
• Pour it in serving glass. Place the glass in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours till the mango pudding is set
• While serving, top the serving bowls with some chopped mango pieces or garnish with mint leaves & cherry.
• Serve mango pudding chilled.