Try These Scrumptious Dessert Recipes For Every Occasion
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
From scones to pudding: Here are some delicious sweets to try over the weekend.
The trend of conscious eating and a healthy lifestyle is constantly rising, yet we often struggle to whip up delicious, easy yet, more nutritional delicacies at home. And if you are born with a sweet tooth, here are two of the most effortless yet decadent dessert recipes that you can make at home over the weekend.
Rosemary Lemon Scones
- Serves: 3
- Cooking and baking time: 30 minutes + 15 minutes
- 1 tsp castor sugar and baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter (cold)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups flour
- Zest of one big lemon
- A handful of rosemary
- One egg and two tbsp cold milk
- Egg wash (water mixed with egg white)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour, butter, sugar, sea salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients using your fingers till the butter is combined well. Make a well and crack the eggs in the centre of the dough along with the milk. Now fold it in with a spatula.
- Add the rosemary and lemon zest. If you want a dry, soft dough, add a tiny splash of milk if needed. Then, for fifteen minutes, wrap it in clingfilm and dart it in the fridge.
- On a floured surface, turn the dough out and cut using a round cutter. It assists in even raising the dough. Brush each scone with egg wash and lay them outlined with baking paper on a baking tray.
- For 14 minutes, bake in the oven until golden and risen.
- Once the scones are out of the oven, serve warm with a bit of jam and clotted cream.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Serves: 3
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Two ripe avocado
- One vanilla bean
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder and chopped pistachios to garnish
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice and agave nectar
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados.
- Scrap out the seeds by splitting the vanilla beans lengthwise.
- Combine the vanilla, avocado, maple syrup with cocoa powder and agave nectar in a food processor.
- Gradually add the salt and orange juice.
- With the running food processor, drizzle in warm water. If the mixture doesn't look creamy, add some more orange juice.
- Dive this pudding into separate serving bowls or cups while it is still hot.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios before serving.