Sarson Fish Tikka: A Tandoori Tikka Cooked In Mustard Sauce
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 22, 2022 00:09 IST
This fish tikka recipe is marinated in mustard sauce and cooked over a tandoor
Fish Tikkas is one of the popular non-veg snacks often served in restaurants and dhabas as a starter. These tikkas are juicy and tender in texture because of the marinated layer it holds around itself. When cooked in a tandoor, the tikkas taste so pure and authentic. The preparation of tikkas varies due to the different ingredients and spices used for marination. A variety of different could could be found for this single dish just altering the base of marination.
Here is a recipe of Fish Tikka cooked in Mustard Sauce which gives the fish a mustardy flavour. The Mustard Sauce is prepared using mustard seeds, mustard oil and mustard paste. All the ingredients are added in the marination and then coated well all over the fish. This marination adds to the flavours of the fish and the mustard sauce enhances it. The vibrant yellow colour from the mustard sauce and the coat of brown shades because of the tandoor make the fish look appetizing.
The majority of individuals lack a lot of the nutrients that fish is filled with. Iodine, premium protein, and different vitamins and minerals are included in this. Some people believe that fatty species are the healthiest. This is due to the higher fat-based nutrient content of fatty fish, such as salmon, trout, sardines, tuna, and mackerel. This contains vitamin D, a substance that is fat-soluble and is deficient in many people.
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for healthy body and brain function and are significantly associated with a lower risk of numerous diseases, are another component of fatty fish. Eating fatty fish at least once or twice a week is advised to meet your omega-3 needs.
- 500gm Fish
- Salt as per taste
- 10gm Ginger paste
- 10gm Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 100gm Hung curd
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour / Besan
- ½ tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Tandoori Masala
- 5gm Coriander powder
- 5gm Cumin powder
- 10gm Mustard paste
- 5gm Yellow chilli powder
- 10 gm Mustard seed
- 20 gm Mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Method Of Preparation:
- Cut the fish into thick fillets slantly
- Now take a mixing bowl and the ingredients for the first marination, marinate the fish properly in it
- Now take another mixing bowl and add the ingredients for second marination except gram flour, turmeric powder and mustard oil
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, turn the flame low and add turmeric powder along with besan, roast for a minute and transfer it to the second marination bowl
- Mix all the ingredients and coat the first mar ated fish in this, leave for 15-20 minutes so that they could turn juicy
- Now arrange the fish fillets into a skewer and put in a tandoor
- Cover the tandoor and cook the fish in skewer for around 4-5 minutes
- Remove the cover and turn the skewer, cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Now bast the fish with ghee or butter
- The tandoori fish tikka is ready to be served
This Mustard Sauce Fish Tikka has unique flavours, is delicious and authentic enough to be served at your next party.