Actress Sameera Reddy takes us on a delicious trip in Goa as she shares her top 5 street food picks from this coastal paradise. Get ready to taste the flavours of Goa through her food recommendations.
If you are planning a trip to Goa or have been before, you know what this beautiful place has stored for you. From its beautiful beaches to laze around, to perfect party places, to nightlife, food, water sports and much more, the place relaxes you whichever way you want. Goa is one the most loved tourist destinations among the travellers. The Portuguese influenced Goan cuisine has a lot to offer from its regional Konkan dishes to European flavours. The food here has a vast variety of both veg and nonveg options and you may not be able to stop indulging yourself. Recently, Bollywood actress Sameera Reddy on her Instagram shared 5 street food spots to must-try when in Goa. Let's take a look.
Sameera Reddy on her Instagram shared a video with her mother-in-law and a local food Blogger. The actress shares a great relationship with her mother-in-law and calls it a ‘Messy Mama and Sassy Saasu’ duo. And this isn't the first time that she has expressed her food love. In the video. Sameera could be seen enjoying delicious street food at different places along with her sassy saasu and the food blogger. She also shares her top recommendations as she captions the video as “5 Goan street food you must try when in Goa!
1. Ros Omelette: Ros Omelette is one of the most popular street food in Goa. Egg Omelette is topped with thick Flavourful Chicken or Mutton Xacuti gravy and served along with Onion, Lime and Goan Pao.
2. Cutlet Bread: Goan Pao is stuffed with a juicy flavourful rava fried chunk of meat along with veggies and hot sauces.
3. Bhaji Pao: Bhaji pao is a popular Goan street food which is relished for breakfast or as an evening snack. It’s a mix of dried white peas gravy and potato dry sabji had with hot Goan pao.
4. Chicken Cafreal: Chicken cafreal is a Goan dish that is traditionally prepared by braising the chicken in a special cafreal masala along with the infusion of spices, herbs, and pastes.
5. Calva Tonak: A fresh oyster flavourful curry is had with Goan pao and is a crowd-pleaser!
Had Ros Omelette at Hotel Samrat, Saligao
Cutlet bread at D’silva fast food, Mirmar Panaji
Bhaji Pao at Saligao Deck, Saligao
Chicken Cafreal at Texeira’s fast food, Ribandar
Calva Tonak at Cafe Devata, Ribandar”
The actress had previously shared a guide to the best five spots in Bandra West, Mumbai, for chaats, namkeen, and sweets. It seems that Sameera is currently on the hunt for the city's finest eateries.