Rustic Seafood: Ceviche With Beetroot And Guacamole By Chef Jerson Fernandes Is Worth-Trying
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : February 11, 2023 03:02 IST
Made with tangy lime juice, fresh guacamole and cilantro, this classic ceviche is a delightful dish ideal for every get-together.
Are you looking for an easy wholesome meal that can level up your cooking to the “wow” factor? Then, ceviche is the dish to make. Ceviche is a healthy and one of the simplest Peruvian dishes you could usually serve as an appetizer. The fresh, easy, and light seafood dish is only “cooked” by acidic ingredients such as lime juice and is typically full of fresh veggies. The tartness in the citrus preserves the fish, making it denature the proteids and grow opaque and firm while engrossing flavours. This process reduces the amount of time you need to marinate the dish and eliminates any concern over food safety. In addition, the freshness of dried salmon gives ceviche a festive spin. Finally, scoop into dips, getting some of the fresh guac and rich, piquant ceviche.
Ceviche with guacamole and balsamic glazed beetroots
Executive Chef Jerson Fernandes, Novotel Mumbai, Juhu Beach brings you a new food movement through their lens. Ceviche with guacamole and balsamic glazed beetroots is his signature dish. Widespread in various nations over the world, seafood ceviche is deliciously flavorful and zesty. In addition, it is lovely and light at any time of year. To start cooking, follow the recipe below:
You May Also Like
Want to Eat Something Healthy? Try This Crunchy Beetroot And Cucumber Salad With a Twist
Berry Crumble With Pineapple Compote By Chef Mohan Rawat Is Worth Trying
Yorsh: A Russian Cocktail Made With A Mix Of Beer And Vodka
Guavas can boost fertility. Eat it raw or try this chutney and chaat
Beetroot Raita: A Beautiful Winter Treat Worthy Trying
For Seafood Ceviche
- Dice grilled prawn: 3 tbsp
- Diced grilled fish: 3 tbsp
- Garlic mayonnaise: 2 tbsp
- Chilli flakes: 1 pinch
- 1/2 lemon squeeze
- Tomatoes: 1 tbsp
- Onions: 1 tbsp
- Green chillies: 1/2 tsp
- Crushed black pepper and salt to taste
For Balsamic glazed beetroots
- Diced boiled beetroots: 5 tbsp
- Reduced balsamic vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Corriander chopped: 1 tbsp
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes (optional): 1 tsp
For the Guacamole
- Diced avocadoes: 4 tbsp
- Chopped onions: 2 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes: 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander: 2 tbsp
- Chopped chillies: 1 tbsp
- Garlic mayonnaise: 1 tbsp
- Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon squeeze
- For the ceviche, combine all ingredients and put it to rest at room temperature.
- Now blend all ingredients and leave them to rest in a refrigerator for the beetroot.
- Plate all elements using a ring mould. Decorate with pan tossed garlic mayo drops, cherry tomatoes, coral net, charred orange wedge and microgreens.
- Squeeze lemon before serving.
Chef's Tip: Ensure the ring mould is oiled from the inner side to make demolding smooth and easy.