Roasted Chicken: An Easy And Quick One-Pot Recipe
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 14, 2022 12:09 IST
This dish is easy to make and it’s perfect for family meals during weekends.
One Pot Roasted Chicken recipe is a delicious homemade comfort food meal to enjoy. The dish is prepared with fresh herbs, vegetables, chicken and white wine. It has a super texture and can be prepared with or without gravy. It is a soothing recipe which is good to prepare on weekends and enjoy with your friends and families.
If you are a vegetarian, you can prepare this recipe without adding chicken. The recipe has a flavourful white gravy which is so good. It is a delicious main course dish. Check out how to prepare this one-pot recipe easily.
Here’s the recipe for Roasted Chicken.
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, as per taste
- 3 tsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or dried thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- ⅔ cup white wine
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 8 small russet or white potatoes (chopped)
- 6 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, take a large pan and heat it over a medium-high flame on the stovetop and put the olive oil in it.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook it from all the sides until the outside skin gets golden brown and it is properly cooked.
- Once cooked, transfer these chicken pieces from the pan and put them on a plate. Now, set them aside for a while.
- In this step, include the potatoes and carrots in the pan with the chicken liquid and let the vegetables cook until they get slightly brown in the liquid. It will take approximately 5-8 minutes to cook them correctly.
- Next, transfer the cooked vegetables to a plate and set aside for a while once they’ve caramelised a bit.
- Add the flour to the liquid left in the pan and cook it on a medium flame. Whisk the ingredients until the flour is fully absorbed.
- Next, whisk in the thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and continue to stir the flour for another minute. Whisk them for a while continuously.
- It’s time to include wine. Slowly pour the wine and whisk it to prevent any lumps.
- Now, include the chicken stock slowly.
- Whisk the batter continuously to break up any lumps that might form.
- Now, leave it to cook until the sauce bubbles away.
- Stir the mixture often. It will take approximately 4 minutes to cook properly
- Add cooked potatoes and carrots again to the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients so that the flavours are merged.
- Now, put the chicken pieces into the sauce again, mix all the ingredients again.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken roast for approximately 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or until the chicken is cooked nicely and the potatoes are tender.
- Once cooked, switch off the flame and remove the pan from the oven when the chicken is cooked properly and let it rest for sometime.
- Uncover the dish and garnish it with white onion.
- Your Roasted Chicken is ready to be served.