This Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza With Homemade, Melty Mozzarella Has Our Heart
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 09, 2022 03:09 IST
It is simply divine to combine just four ingredients for a filling and ideal Pizza
Eating pizzas is enjoyed by everyone , no matter what the occasion is, for it smells amazing and more over tastes beyond lovely. but do you know why people like to eat Pizza? Because of its versatility. Pizza can be served with almost anything as its topping. In any form it will be delicious, crunchy, and cheesy. A warm slice of pizza in your hand is the best sensation. Well, here is a simple 4-ingredient recipe about baking a wonderful Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza. But what exactly goes into making this dish? This delicious variation features large portions of fresh, juicy and roasted cherry tomatoes, gooey mozzarella, pungent garlic and fresh spinach over one crusty foundation, flatbread or naan. This homemade version of Cherry Tomato Pizza, overpowers the deliciousness of the restaurant-style pizzas.
The Cherry Tomato is thought to have originated as a weed in South America and then been domesticated for the first time in Puebla-Veracruz, Mexico. However, research shows that cherry-sized tomatoes originated as a wild species in Ecuador about 80,000 years ago. These little tomatoes are the forerunners of the big tomatoes. It eventually evolved into the primary component of the three ingredients that made up the first recognised pizza in the early 19th century, the Margarita Pizza, which was invented in Naples, Italy. The "pizza" was made in the Queen's honour and had mozzarella cheese for the colour white, basil for the colour green, and tomato sauce for the colour red to represent the Italian flag.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4
• 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
• 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1 tsp Salt, or adjust to taste
• 1 tsp Black Pepper, freshly crushed
• 2 tsp Butter, cold
• ½ tbsp Olive Oil
• ¼ tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
• 2 tsp Parsley, fresh and chopped
• 2 cup Spinach, fresh and chopped
• ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, freshly grated
• 4 tbsp Pesto
• 2 Flatbreads, or Garlic Naan – for base
Method of Preparation
• Set oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
• Cut cherry tomatoes in half, then toss with salt, parsley, fresh minced garlic, olive oil, and Italian spice mix.
• Spread in a single layer onto a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled ( to prevent sticking). Set a timer for 15 minutes, roasting for a total of 15-20 minutes.
• Prepare the remaining ingredients while the tomatoes are roasting.
• In a small pan over medium heat, wilt spinach for 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes brilliant green and is tender. Place aside.
• Spread pesto on the flatbread, then sprinkle grated mozzarella over top.
• Add wilted spinach and roasted cherry tomatoes to the top, then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the naan is crisp.
• Garnish with seasonings and grab while the getting’s good!
Relish the flavourful Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza with a glass full of chilled coke or wine. Prepare this delectable and fingerlicious meal before the cherry tomato season comes to an end.