How about warm chicken soup in winters?
Sichuan cuisine is well-known for its hot and sour soup. Similar variations can be found in the cuisine of Henan province, which is close to Beijing. In Henan cuisine, it is sometimes referred to as Hulatang, or "Pepper Hot Soup." Popular restaurant-style soup from Indo-Chinese food is hot and sour soup. As the name implies, the chilli sauce and black pepper powder in this vegetable-based soup give it a fiery (hot) flavour, while the vinegar gives it a sour flavour. Usually, it comes as a beginning or appetiser before the main course. Once the vegetables are cut, you can prepare this soup in less than 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Chicken-½ kg
2. Carrot – ½ cup shredded
3. Cabbage – ½ cup shredded
5. Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp or to taste
6. Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp or to taste
7. Vinegar – 1 tsp or to taste
8. Red Chilli Paste – 1 tsp or to taste
9. Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Sugar-1 tsp
12. Pepper to taste
13. Cornflour-1 tbsp mixed with some cold water
14. Butter -1 tbsp
15. Cilantro – as needed
1. Take some water and bring it to a boil in a saucepan. The chicken should be added and cooked thoroughly before being removed. Remove that and give it time to cool. Finely chop it, then set it aside.
2. Now pour the stock into a bowl after passing it through a fine strainer.
3. In this stock, combine the red chilli paste, soy sauce, vinegar, and tomato ketchup.
4. Put this aside for the time being.
5. Now, in a saucepan, melt some butter.
6. Add the paste and cook for one minute.
7. Combine thoroughly after adding the carrot and cabbage.
8. For 5 minutes, cook this.
9. Mix the vegetables thoroughly after adding the stock.
10. Mix well after adding sugar and salt to the dish.
11. Add the chicken chunks now and thoroughly combine. Cook this for 10 minutes.
12. When the soup begins to thicken, gradually stir in the cornflour slurry.
13. Add one beaten egg and combine well.
14. Turn off the flame right away.
15. Mix well and garnish with fresh cilantro.
16. Serve warm.