Relish This Delicious Banana Bread Pudding To Boost Up Your Mornings
- Yash Lakhan
Updated : October 14, 2022 18:10 IST
This recipe blends two delicious dishes into one incredible delight. Banana bread combined with bread pudding makes for an outstanding dessert breakfast.
This banana bread pudding is the epitome of breakfast comfort food. It's simply delicious with its creamy custard pudding, crusty golden topping, and wonderful butter sauce. This recipe blends two delicious dishes into one incredible delight. Banana bread combined with bread pudding makes for an outstanding dessert breakfast.
If your morning meals are becoming monotonous, it's time for a change. This banana bread pudding will certainly liven up your mornings. Aside from tasting delicious, banana bread pudding is very simple to make. The ingredients are all pantry staples that you almost certainly already have on hand. It's also a great way to get rid of stale, day-old bread. The recipe could not be easier. Simply create a simple custard, pour it over the bread and bananas, and bake. Even the sauce, as delicious as it is, is simple to make. It's simple to make while the pudding bakes. So, if you're seeking a simple yet impressive breakfast or dessert that requires very little effort to prepare, you've just found it.
You May Also Like
Recipe: Bookmark this frosted carrot cake banana bread for Easter breakfast
Recipe: Bookmark this cinnamon roll chia pudding for a healthy Monday breakfast
Recipe: This banana mug cake is a perfect breakfast for winter mornings
Roasted Turkey, Mince Pies, Puddings And More: Amp Up Your Christmas Dinner With These 6 Delicacies
Recipe: This Coffee Walnut Banana Bread will give the right kick to your morning
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
For The Bread Pudding
• Day-old French/sourdough bread, 4 cups thick cubes
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 3 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 cups whole milk
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup firm banana slices
For The Sauce
• 3 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp granulated sugar
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 3/4 cup whole milk
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Set the oven's temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. A 2-quart casserole should be greased with butter or nonstick spray.
2. In the casserole's base, distribute the bread cubes evenly. The bread should be coated after being drenched in melted butter.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the salt, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg while whisking. Add the banana pieces and stir gently.
4. Bread cubes are added to the banana mixture, which is then gently mixed. When you poke a toothpick into the centre, it should come out clean after 40 minutes of baking. Allow the pudding to gradually cool.
5. Make the sauce in the interim. Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat. After adding the milk and corn syrup, whisk in the sugar and cornstarch. Stirring should continue until the mixture reaches a full boil. Boil for one minute, then turn off the heat. Add the vanilla and whisk. Allow the sauce to gently cool.
6. Over warm pudding, drizzle some warm sauce. Enjoy after serving.