Red And Yellow Bell Pepper Paneer Gravy: A Savoury Delight
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 27, 2022 03:09 IST
Enjoy this dish with naan, roti, or rice
Red and Yellow Bell Pepper gravy, with its intoxicating spices and healthy ingredients, is one of the most nutrient packed gravy dishes one can serve for vegetarians. In this gravy dish, paneer cubes are cooked with red and yellow bell peppers, corn, onions and several spices. The gravy dish can be served with naan bread, roti or rice. Red and Yellow bell peppers are easy to find throughout India regardless of the seasons, and while these vegetables can be on the pricier end of the consumption basket as compared to green capsicum, for this recipe, one must use any and all kinds.
India was introduced to paneer by the Afghan and Iranian invaders, and to bell peppers by the Portuguese when they annexed Goa. Indians more popularly know bell peppers by the name of Capsicum. Today, bell peppers are primarily sourced from Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka.
This paneer gravy dish flavoured with various spices, cream, and red and yellow bell peppers, is a beloved lunchtime menu item in north indian kitchens. One can enjoy this scrumptious gravy with naan, rice, or roti. The preparation for this dish might seem daunting at first, especially to beginner cooks. But despite the time-consuming process, it is one of the easiest recipes you can cook from the Indian gravies.
Here’s the recipe for Red And Yellow Bell Pepper Paneer Gravy.
- 200 gms paneer (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- Green, red, and yellow capsicum (diced)
- 4-5 baby corns (optional)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 tsp jeera
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsps kasuri methi
- 3 tbsps fresh Cream
- Salt, to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Take a heated pan and pour 1 tbsp oil into it.
- Add the paneer cubes and saute them lightly on both sides.
- Heat 3 tbsps oil in a pot or kadhai.
- Add the whole cumin seeds. Once it crackles, add the finely-chopped onions and fry them until they are golden brown.
- Then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add the tomato purée or paste and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Simmer and cook the ingredients till the oil starts separating.
- Now, add the baby corn and saute them for 2 mins.
- Followed by diced capsicum/bell peppers and saute them for 2 mins.
- Next, add onion petals to the peppers and saute them til they are half-cooked.
- Add the paneer pieces and stir the dish well, cooking it for 2 mins.
- Now, add the cream along with 1 cup water, and stir the dish.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 7 to 8 mins, medium flame.
- Add the garam masala powder and kasuri methi.
- Stir the dish properly and let it cook with a covered lid for another 2 to 3 mins.