Recipe Of Tandoori Pomfret By Chef Rahul Kumar
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : June 22, 2022 07:06 IST
Indulge in the goodness of sea food by trying this delicious recipe by Chef Rahul Kumar from Sheraton Grand Bangalore.
Any type of marine life that humans consider to be food is considered seafood, with fish and shellfish topping the list. Omega-3s, iron, B and D vitamins, protein, and other essential minerals found in seafood are necessary for health and wellness at all ages. The vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids found in fish and shellfish are beneficial for a healthy heart, strong bones, developing brain, and immune system. Seafood is not only healthy but can startle taste buds if cooked properly too! Cooking is all about experimenting with ingredients and finding the right ones to enhance the taste of your dish. There are countless methods for preparing seafood, some of which are quick, and healthy, and others which are merely simple. Make sure to baste it beforehand to keep it from drying out if you plan to grill it to lock in the moisture, nutrients, and flavour. Chef Rahul Kumar from Sheraton Grand Hotel Bangalore, Brigade Gateway shares his exotic recipe of Tandoori Pomfret which is sure to hit the right spots on your taste buds. Tandoori pomfret is a dish in which an entire pomfret is marinated and cooked in a tandoor or in an oven. This dish is delectable as it has all the smokey and tangy flavours of the tandoor.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1. 5g teaspoon powdered turmeric
2. 5 teaspoon garam masala powder
3. 100g cup hung curd
4. 60ml tablespoon mustard oil
5. 5g teaspoon ginger paste
6. 2 black pomfret fish
7. 30g powdered red chilli
8. 15g tablespoon gram flour
9. Salt as required
10. 1 lemon juice
11. 5g teaspoon garlic paste
1. For preparing this easy recipe, you need to begin with cleaning and trimming the tail, fins and scales of the fish. Once the fish is clean, you can move to the next step.
2. Make incisions on the clean fishes. Keep them aside. Then take a bowl and add all the ingredients. Adjust the amount of besan and yoghurt to get a nice thick paste.
3. Apply this marinade to the fish on both sides very well. Keep it for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
4. Take skewer and put it in pre heated tandoor. Cook until light brown.
5. Cover it with aluminum foil and again put it in tandoor for 8-10 Mins.
6. Garnish with some lemons and crisp onions and serve with green chutney.