Onam, the extravagant festival sees an elaborate feasts that plays a huge role in the celebrations not only in Kerala but across the world
Onam is a festival that is celebrated by Malayalis across the globe with variety of tasty foods, festive décor, and fun activities. Onam is an extravagant festival and the elaborate feasts play a huge role in the celebrations not only in Kerala but across the world! Having said that, some of the citizens who are away from Kerala and still want to celebrate the festivities with some nostalgia, here are some mouth-watering traditional recipes that can be made using Voltas Beko Microwave oven and Refrigerators. These will take minimum time and bring back those memories that you shared with your family during the festival.
Sarkara varatti – For a quick snack with your family!
Serves: 4-5, Duration: 20 minutes
Paal Payasam – A dessert that you can enjoy with your friends and family!
Serves: 3-4, Duration: 1 hour
Avial – Without which your Sadya is incomplete
Serves: 2-3, Duration: 20 minutes
• ½ coconut, grated
• 4-5 green chillies
• 200g beaten curd
• 1-2 dry red chillies
• 1tsp mustard seeds
• 5-6 curry leaves
• Chilli powder and salt as per taste
• 1tbsp oil
• Make a paste with green chilies and coconut.
• Wash and roughly cut each vegetable into 1-inch pieces.
• Microwave the veggies in half cup of water for 10 minutes
• Add in the coconut and chilli paste, salt, to the microwaved vegetables and microwave for 6 minutes
• Heat the oil for 30 seconds and add in the dry red chillies, curry leaves and mustard seeds and microwave for 2 minutes.
• Pour the tempered oil on the vegetables and microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
• Allow it to stand for 5 minutes and serve with rice or pooris.