Pumpkin Spice Chai: Autumn In A Mug
- Shireen Jamooji
Updated : September 24, 2022 07:09 IST
Pumpkin spice season is here again and we can't wait.
In India, we need no occasion to drink chai. Morning, noon and night, chai can make every moment better. And with the end of the year is almost upon us and that can only mean one thing. Pumpkin Spice season. This heady blend of spices can easily whisk you away on an autumnal adventure with a single sniff. Though it may seem complex, the blend is actually very easy to create at home and if you’re looking to create a cosy, warming moment for yourself, then wrapping your hands around a big mug of steaming chai is the way to go.
Your generic Pumpkin Spice doesn’t have anything to do with pumpkins though, that part is an addition, So when you start making your team, start with the pumpkin. Easy, quick and absolutely stunning, this joy is perfect for any afternoon.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 spoon of honey or maple syrup
- A drop of vanilla extract
- 1 rounded teaspoon of Simple Chai
- 50 ml of boiling water
- 100 ml of double cream
- To make a pumpkin puree, wash the pumpkin, then cut it into half, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Boil in water for 20-30 minutes until it’s soft.
- Mash the pumpkin into a puree.
- Bring water to a boil and steep the tea leaves for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 spoons of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into a saucepan and cook while stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add whole milk, honey or sugar, and vanilla extract and cook over the low-medium fire for about 10 minutes..
- Pour the double cream into a bowl and use an electric whisk to make whipped cream.
- Top up your Real Pumpkin Spice tea with whipped cream.
- Drink while deliciously warm.
- Extra tip: If you want to cheat and make the whole process of making a pumpkin spice chai latte easier, simmer the tea leaves in milk over low-medium fire for about ten minutes, then add all ingredients to a blender and blend. You will get a frothy drink in no time.