Chef Sheriyar Rustom Dotivala Shares His Special Patra Ni Machi Recipe
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : March 18, 2022 02:03 IST
Ring In The Weekend With This Yummy Patra Ni Machi
Cooked to perfection and wrapped in banana leaf is the most fantastic food worldwide! The taste that the leaf imparts to the recipe is just excellent. This type of fare is homely, rustic, and scrumptious! It is a prevalent Parsi dish in which fish is smudged with a significant quantity of green chutney, then covered in banana leaf and steamed. It is light, pleasing, enjoyable, and excellent for individuals on a diet. You won't be able to believe that food can taste amazing even when made without oil! Flavours from green chutney made from green chillies, garlic, fresh coriander and mint leaves are unique.
Patra Ni Machi By Executive Chef, Sheriyar Rustom Dotivala, Della Resorts
- 2 Pomfret fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Banana leaf, to wrap the fish
For the chutney
- 120 gms Coriander Leaves
- 120 gms Mint Leaves
- 5 Green Chillies
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 100 ml Vinegar
- Few sprigs of curry leaves
- ‘For the chutney’ blend all the ingredients, including coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies, sugar, lemon juice, salt, coriander and mint leaves, blending it to a fine paste.
- Clean the fish making small slits on both sides and smearing a good amount of green chutney.
- Set a steamer with curry leaves, little water and vinegar on heat.
- Now, take a banana leaf's piece and place it on the boiling steamer. This allows the banana leaf to become easy and soft to fold without tearing or breaking. Next, place the banana leaf on the steamer on each side for about a minute and remove it.
- Now put the fish on the banana leaf and fold four sides to create a parcel.
- Set the covered banana leaf on steamer and steam until the fish is cooked or about 12 minutes.
- Now, extract the fish, unwrap the banana leaf carefully, transfer the cooked fish onto a plate. Serve Patra Ni Machi for an excellent Parsi meal.