One Pizza Slice From This Italian Kitchen Is Enough For Dinner
- Sushmita Sengupta
Updated : July 12, 2022 12:07 IST
It may be a little hot for those with low spice tolerance, but it is so good that you won’t want to stop either.
I remember the first time I had thin-crust pizza, I decided, I am not going back to the old, lofty crusts. Unless there is something new on offer. Like the Chicken Detroit Pizza by Just D’Oliva, the Italian kitchen in South Delhi takes pride in crafting authentic recipes by using the best quality ingredients to give you the experience to remember. Not to miss are the wood-fired pizzas of this place, the handmade pasta and appetiser options are worth every bit of praise too, but what really became the highlight of our day was the Chicken Detroit.
The Detroit-style pizzas hail from, as you may have guessed, the city of Detroit. This is rectangular in shape, it is a deep-dish pizza with cooked tomato sauce, brick cheese and lots of meat. The pizza is so heavy, that one can even liken it to a pie. And those were exactly our thoughts when we tried the Chicken Detroit of Just D’Oliva. Believe us when we say this, just one single piece is enough to fill you up. The pizza is cut into squares and packed with chilli chicken chunks. It may be a little hot for those with low spice tolerance, but it is so good that you won’t want to stop either.
Beyond pizzas, we also loved their cheesecake, which is like the softest round bun, white, stretchy and filled with cheese. It was also slathered with herbed butter. Balanced and flavourful, this is easily one of the yummiest garlic breads you will find in the capital.
We also tried fetching its recipes from D’Oliva for you. Give it a shot.
- 1 kg flour
- 20 gm yeast
- 10 gm salt sugar
- 480 ml water
- 50 gm Garlic
- 200 gm Butter
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix properly.
- Add yeast to lukewarm water and mix for 5 min.
- Add the water mixture gradually to the flour and knead the dough till it gets a smooth texture.
- Make small dough balls and bake for 15 min at 150°c
- Brush with melted butter on top.
- Once bread gets colour, keep aside.
- Mix butter and garlic with herbs in a bowl to make the spread.
- Make cuts on the bread and apply butter in between cuts.
- Bake it for 3-4 minutes.
For the base:
- 320 gm flour
- 180 ml water
- 30 ml olive oil
- 5 gm yeast
- 10 gm sugar
- 8 gm salt
For the toppings:
- 200 gm mozzarella
- 150 gm grilled chicken
- 30 gm red peppers
- 30 gm onions
- 30 ml garlic sauce
- 100 gm pizza sauce
- Mix flour, sugar and salt mix well.
- Add yeast to lukewarm water and mix with flour mixture and knead the dough till it gets a smooth texture.
- Rest for 20 min and place on a Detroit tray with olive oil drizzled in the bottom.
- Add all the toppings and bake it at 250° c for 12 min till it gets a crunchy texture.