Cupcakes To Pancakes: Here Are Some Oats Recipes To Try This Diabetes Day
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Here are two sugar-free oat recipes that are diabetes-friendly.
With changes in lifestyle, stress, poor food habits, hectic work culture, India has become the second-largest home to people who have diabetes. Diabetes happens due to a deficit of a vital hormone called insulin. Insulin helps to convert glucose into energy and is essential for the digestion of protein and fat. So, if insulin decreases, it can indicate that the person likely has diabetes. Diabetes may sound scary, but a person can live life to its fullest with a proper diet.
One of the most significant barriers a diabetic patient faces is having no sugar. Although avoiding sugar may seem impossible if you have a sweet tooth, thankfully, there are many alternatives to sugar with improvement in science and research. So now you can have sweets without increasing your blood sugar levels. So, here we are sharing two extremely healthy yet sugar-free oats recipes from True Elements. But why oats? Because oats are the most nutritious food options available and are a boon for diabetic people.
Chocolate Oats Cupcakes: These cakes are much healthier and can be baked for breakfast and other occasions.
- 1/2 cup instant oats (powdered)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lubricate a bowl with butter and place it aside.
- Mix all the ingredients till well-blended and smooth.
- Fill the prepared ramekin till half.
- In the middle, put the peanut butter tablespoon and spill the residue of the batter on top.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or till a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out with just a couple of crumbs.
- Cooldown before serving (at least 10 minutes).
- Alternatively, you can microwave the mix for a few minutes.
Chocolate Baked Oats Pancakes: It has become a part of our sweet tooth family's love of pancakes and awareness in India.
- 2 cups of chocolate pancake
- Mix 1 cup water ½ half cup milk
- Chocolate sauce for garnishing
- Take 1 cup of water, ½ cup of milk and 2 cups of pancake mix.
- Mix them well.
- Set the batter aside for 30-35 mins.
- Scoop the batter on a hot pan.
- Make pancakes and garnish with chocolate sauce.
These recipes are easy, quick, tasty, sweet and healthy. You can make and relish them with your friends and family. So enjoy your guilt-free sweet treats.