Mini Nutella Pancakes: A Sinfully Delicious Dessert
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 29, 2022 17:08 IST
Pancakes are a favourite breakfast item in many parts of the world.
If pancakes are your favourite go-to breakfast, chances are you enjoy making them at home as well. Any classic recipe of the pancake includes standard ingredients like the all purpose flour (maida), eggs, milk and baking powder. The ingredients are mixed together and usually prepared over a griddle brushed with oil or butter. Down the centuries pancakes have evolved as per tastes and across cultures the world over. One of the best things about pancakes is they are so versatile – you can have them with the staple maple syrup or rosewater, nuts, berries, chocolate syrup or even Nutella as this recipe shows but a pancake is always a pancake.
Food historians date the origin of pancakes back to the stone age – over 30,000 years ago. Ancient Greece and Rome societies are said to have their pancakes made from wheat flour, olive oil, honey and curdled milk. During Renaissance gourmets loved their pancakes with cinnamon, sherry and apples. Prior to the 15th century, pancakes were called by different names – including flapjacks, journey cakes, Indian cakes, griddle cakes, and hoe cakes in America.
A staple across the world now, they are referred to as pikelets in Scotland and have thin crisp edges. In Russia they are served with caviar and sour cream. Japanese pancakes have a soft texture and are called the soufflé pancakes. These are tall and stackable because they have a base of mayonnaise, oil, and vinegar.
Here’s the recipe for Mini Nutella Pancakes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp any refined oil
- Butter for greasing
- In a glass of milk, add vinegar and let it curdle.
- Mix all the dry ingredients - maida, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Keep it aside.
- To the buttermilk, add egg, vanilla extract, and oil. Mix well.
- Now, add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and create a smooth mix.
- Fill Nutella in a piping bag.
- Heat the paniyaram pan and grease it lightly with butter.
- Fill half of each mould in the pan with the egg batter.
- Then, pipe the Nutella into the pancake and cover the pancake with more batter.
- When bubbles start to form on the pancake, flip it to the other side and let it cook until it turns golden brown.
- Take the pancakes out on a plate, dust with icing sugar and spread Nutella on them.
- Your Mini Nutella Pancakes are ready to be served.