Mexican Walnut And Bean Kebab Recipe By Chef Neha Deepak Shah
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : March 05, 2022 12:03 IST
Go ‘Nuts’ with this exclusive Mexican walnut kebab recipe by Chef Neha Deepak Shah.
Put your battle for taste vs health to rest as walnuts are here to sway your worries away! This year, take a vow to get good health from the most nutrient-dense foods. Not only do walnuts pack a healthy punch, but they also add a little crunch to savoury and sweet dishes. A handful of walnuts provide a convenient source of fibre (2g), protein (4g) and a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acid. Don't wait! Get a healthier life with the nutty, sweet twist of walnuts. Here is our top pick of a delicious walnut kebab recipe to celebrate the goodness of the nut!
Mexican Walnut and Bean Kebabs - Chef Neha Deepak Shah
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup black-eyed beans, cooked
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peri-peri seasoning (optional)
- Cheese slices
- Mango salsa
- Mint leaves
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions, garlic, green chilli, and sauté well for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add ketchup, chilli flakes, chilli sauce, chilli powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cooked beans walnuts and cook for another few minutes. You can put some peri-peri seasoning at this step to enhance the flavour.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and remove from flame. Cool the mixture and then blend into a paste. If required, cook the blended mixture a bit to dry it.
- Now, divide the mixture into equal portions, make kebabs and cook on a Tawa till nice and golden brown from both sides. Keep the flame on medium.
- Remove and top with cheese slice, some mango salsa, walnut and mint leaf. Serve hot with green chutney and enjoy!