Put your battle for taste vs health to rest as walnuts are here to sway your worries away! This year, take a vow to get good health from the most nutrient-dense foods. Not only do walnuts pack a healthy punch, but they also add a little crunch to savoury and sweet dishes. A handful of walnuts provide a convenient source of fibre (2g), protein (4g) and a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acid. Don't wait! Get a healthier life with the nutty, sweet twist of walnuts. Here is our top pick of a delicious walnut kebab recipe to celebrate the goodness of the nut!
Mexican Walnut and Bean Kebabs - Chef Neha Deepak Shah
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup black-eyed beans, cooked
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peri-peri seasoning (optional)
- Cheese slices
- Mango salsa
- Mint leaves
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add in the onions, garlic, green chilli and sauté well for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add in the ketchup, chilli flakes, chilli sauce, chilli powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cooked beans, walnuts and cook for another few minutes. You can put some peri-peri seasoning at this step to enhance the flavour.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and remove from flame. Cool the mixture and then blend into a paste. If required, cook the blended mixture a bit to dry it.
- Now, divide the mixture into equal portions, make kebabs and cook on a Tawa till nice and golden brown from both sides. Keep the flame on medium.
- Remove and top with cheese slice, some mango salsa, walnut and mint leaf. Serve hot with green chutney and enjoy!