Masala Bread: A Crunchy And Spicy Appetiser
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 10, 2022 06:09 IST
Try this easy-to-make dish at home
Nothing beats the delight of a hearty meal to start the day. Pancakes, waffles, paratha, breads, chole bhature, and other delectable foods may be enticing, but they are not the ideal choices if you want to start the day off well. What could be better than a hearty South Indian-style breakfast if you enjoy everything wholesome and nourishing in the morning? Love it or hate it, when you think of a simple breakfast, bread is the first item that springs to mind. Additionally, the ordinary piece of bread is so adaptable that you may fill up for the day in a variety of ways with it, from a loaded club sandwich to a simple piece of toast. Additionally, you can include a loaf of bread in any meal of your choosing, not just morning.
You can eat it throughout the day just fine if you serve it with creamy spaghetti for supper or a hearty bread pakoda for tea time. So here is a fast spicy bread meal that you must absolutely try, to add to the collection of quick and tasty bread recipes that will save you time and effort in the morning. Masala bread is the name given to it. With leftover bread pieces and pav bhaji masala, masala bread is a popular spicy and flavorful snack food. Although it is often served as street cuisine, fine dining restaurants are now also including it on their menus. This snack is really simple to make and just takes a few minutes.
Sandwich bread crusts may be used to make a variety of snacks and appetiser recipes. Either bread slices are mixed with spices or deep-fried snack recipes include bread as the outside layer. Pav bhaji masala is mixed with bread masala in the latter category. Although it used to only be offered as street cuisine, gourmet dining establishments now serve it as well.
Here’s the recipe for Masala Bread.
- 5 slices of bread
- 2 tsps butter
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 2 tbsps spring onion (finely chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- ½ carrot (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- First, make square cuts in five slices of bread. For a more crunchy bread masala recipe, you may also roast the bread and chop it into pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a big kadai and add 2 cloves of garlic, 1 chilli, and 2 tablespoons of spring onion.
- Likewise cook 1/2 onion till they start to sweat.
- Add another 1/2 carrot, 2 tbs of cabbage, 2 tbs of capsicum, and 1/4 tbs of salt.
- Cook the veggies in the pan while ensuring that they keep their form.
- Moreover, add 2 tomatoes and cook until they are mushy and tender.
- Now, include 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp pav bhaji masala. Saute them well.
- Furthermore, stir in 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Now, add the bread pieces and gently combine.
- Add the coriander leaves last, then serve the bread masala with hot tea.