Mangosteen: Kalki Koechlin Relishes The ‘Queen Of Fruits’
- Slurrp Admin
Updated : June 03, 2022 11:06 IST
Read on to know more about the recipes you can create using the fruit as an ingredient.
If you live in the south western part of India, you might have tried a sweet and tangy tropical fruit that’s called Mangosteen in English, and Mangustan in Hindi. Also known as the queen of fruits, mangosteen is a highly nutritious and delicious fruit that grows in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore. In fact, this fruit is the national fruit of Thailand. Some of the health benefits of this fruit include that it’s rich in antioxidants, boosts the immune system, aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy skin. Packed with these benefits, Mangosteen is the favourite pick from summer fruits for many celebrities like Kalki Koechlin. Kalki recently shared a story featuring Mangosteen along with a bowl of mangoes to her Instagram. The actress captioned the post, “the two best fruits in the world #tistheseason #mangosteen #mango.”
Mangosteen has also been used as an ingredient by many culinary artists to create recipes that are absolutely delicious. If you’re looking to incorporate this fruit in your diet, give the following drinks a try :
1) Mangosteen Smoothie:
- 2 mangosteens
- 1 walnut
- 1 banana
- 200ml milk
- Peel the Mangosteen and the bananas and put them in the fridge to cool down for a while. Remember to slice the bananas before you cool them.
- Crumble a walnut and pour the 200ml of milk in a blender and add all the other fruits. Mix the ingredients in the blender till they are smooth.
- Add some ice cubes into the blender and mix. Enjoy your smoothie.
2) Mangosteen Iced Tea:
- Ice cube
- Green Tea
- 2 Mangosteens
- 1 lemon
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and then cool it in a large jug. Add the green tea leaves to the water and leave to infuse for about 4 minutes. Add some cold water.
- Remove the skin and stalk of the mangosteen. Remove the flesh segments and remove the seeds. Add the segments to the tea.
- Cut the lime into wedges and add to the tea. This tea is served with ice cubes.
3) Mangosteen Cocktail:
- 4 fresh mangosteen
- 330ml soda water
- Finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 shots tequila
- Lime juice
- Add the flesh of the Mangosteen fruit into a blender and blend well until it becomes a smooth fruit purée.
- In a pitcher, add the soda water, lemon juice, and sugar together. Stir well. Next, add in the mangosteen fruit paste and shots of tequila. Stir and enjoy your drink.