Mango Pinwheel: Make The Most Of Mangoes With This Easy Sandwich Recipe
- Jasmine Kaur
Updated : June 04, 2022 08:06 IST
Since mangoes are in season, this fresh and fruity recipe is a must-have.
As soon as summers arrive, the sweet aroma of mangoes fills the air. Slowly and gradually, it captivates your taste buds and engulfs you in its sweet smell. The pulp bright orange fruit comes in tons of varieties in India, from alphonso which is more on the sweeter side to dassehri, chausa, safeda and more. Different kinds are meant for purposes, to make achaar, shakes and desserts. The thick mangoes are used for making delectable treats. Are you aware that mango is also known as the King of fruits? The summer special is an edible stone fruit that is delished the most during the months of May-July. These days, mangoes are also used in tea, to flavour yoghurts and ice creams.
Mangoes also come packed with a plethora of health benefits. From protecting your heart health to providing your body with antioxidants, mangoes can also aid digestion and be good for skin and hair. Now who thought that this juicy fruit could be used for making a sandwich? Sounds odd right? Sandwich, for the unversed, is made from two slices of bread that hold together a filling in between them. It could be vegetables, meat, cheese or any other ingredient. There are also something like chocolate sandwiches which exist. However, we never thought that a fruity sandwich could be another category too.
Home chef @diningwithdhoot brings to us an easy mango sandwich recipe in the shape of pinwheels. The quick and easy recipe requires minimum ingredients and can be made in a jiffy. Aren’t you happy now that you have another way to spruce up your mangoes in the kitchen. Here’s the full recipe to try.
Mango Pinwheel Sandwich
- White Bread - 4 slices
- Whipping Cream- 250 grams
- Powdered Sugar- 5 tsp
- Vanilla Essence
- Mango Puree- 6-8 mangoes
- To begin, start by making a stack of four white bread slices. Take a knife and chop off all the sides. Keep these aside.
- Next, take some mangoes and slice them. Scoop out the pulp and blend it in a mixer until you get a thick mango puree.
- After this, take some fresh cream and whip it with a hand blender. Do this until it smoothens and forms small peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence to the cream and mix it all together.
- Then take a slice of bread and slather it with mango puree. Do this generously for the best taste.
- Keep another slice of bread on top and spread the whipped cream and powdered sugar mixture on it.
- Place another slice of bread and repeat the same steps as above with the mango puree first and whipped cream next.
- After you have stacked all the four slices with the spreads in between, roll it from one end to the other like a cylindrical roll.
- Start slicing it from one edge till the entire roll is diced into smaller pieces. These would look like a pinwheel.
- Serve chilled since it is a cold sandwich.