Malai Chicken Kebab: This Mouth Melting Kebabs Can Make Anyone’s Day
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 25, 2022 19:08 IST
The starter dish is heavenly delicious to be served as a party bomber
Kebab is that precious recipe which comes from the Mughlai cuisines and the soft and tender texture which it holds makes it mouth-melting. It is a kind of cooked meat dish especially marinated and cooked on skillets and over tandoor to give it an earthy taste. The earthy flavour also comes from the burnt charcoal with a generous amount of clarified butter or ghee. Kebabs are found in variations and varieties like mutton seekh kebab, chicken kebabs, soya kebabs, mixed vegetables kebab and much more. The flavours are different due to the different sauces and seasonings used in preparation. There are achaari flavours, the hot and spicy ones, soft creamy malai flavour and what not. Though kebabs are traditionally made of meat, the vegetarian versions are too loved by people. It is the sauce and spices which make the kebabs more flavourful and desirable.
Kebabs have originated from the cuisines of the Middle East and have its roots from the kitchen of Persia and Antonia during the mediaeval times. It is believed to be spread all across the Middle Eastern countries through Muslim influence. They were popularised by the Turks in the West and in few of the found writings of the Morocco traveller, Ibn Batuta, it is mentioned that it was in the royal houses during the Delhi Sultanate. The word came in the 17th century from Hindustani, Persian and Turkish.
Serving portion for two.
For the Kebab Mixture
• 250 gms Chicken Mince
• 1/4 cup Onion (finely chopped)
• 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
• 1 tbsp Green Chillies (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• Salt (as required)
• 1 Whole Egg (beaten)
• 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
• 1 tsp Oil
For frying the Kebabs
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 1 tbsp Ghee
• Sour Cream
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• Coriander Leaves (for garnish)
Method Of Preparation:
• Take a mixing bowl and to it add minced chicken, onions, ginger-garlic paste, chillies, coriander leaves, turmeric, red chilli, coriander and garam masala powder and salt; mix it well
• Now add one beaten egg, breadcrumbs, mix it well with the chicken and pour oil, grease well
• To shape the mixture in flat round kebabs, wet your palms with water; pull out a ball size from the mixture, roll it into a ball and settle it on your palms giving a perfect tikki shape
• Heat oil and ghee on a pan and place the kebabs on the pan
• Flip it on the other after few minutes, cook it well on the both sides till the colour changes to golden brown
• Take out the golden kebabs from the pan and remove the left oil from the pan
• Now put the gas on the low flame and add some sour cream all over the pan covering the pan top
• Sprinkle some red chilli powder, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves on the sour cream
• Now place the kebabs on the sour cream for a minute and then turn the kebabs to the other side and again cook for another one minute.
• The malai kebabs are ready to be served and plated
These kebabs hold the perfect tenderness and juicy texture to just melt in the mouth. These hot kebabs can bring life to any party.