Make The Perfect Zucchini Bread At Home With This Healthy Recipe
- Yash Lakhan
Updated : July 05, 2022 15:07 IST
Healthy zucchini bread recipe you have to try at home
Avoiding carbs? It sure is no mean feat. But there are plenty of ingredients you can befriend for your own good during this time. For instance, Zucchini. This green, slender summer squash or fruit is said to be a storehouse of vital nutrients, minerals and antioxidants and is so low in carbs and calories, you would not believe it. Good thing is that is super versatile too, you can use it to make pastas, salads and even breads. Zucchini bread is one of the simplest recipes you can make. This moist, flavorful quick bread recipe is perfect for any time of day. Make it your own by adding your favourite nuts, spices, or dried fruits. Zucchini Bread is a simple recipe that uses all-purpose flour, grated zucchini, and eggs. This simple recipe is suitable for any occasion and will appeal to people of all ages. Walnuts and pecans are particularly tasty in zucchini bread, as is dried fruit. You can add raisins, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, or a handful of mini chocolate chips if desired. Depending on your preferences, you could also add some orange zest or grated apples or carrots. Check the recipe below.
• 3–4 cups freshly grated zucchini (310g to 425g)
You May Also Like
Recipe: Add nutrient-packed healthy zucchini bread to your list of favourites
Tips To Store Zucchini Bread The Right Way
Make The Perfect Matcha Cookies At Home With This Simple Recipe
Make Healthy Banana Bread At Home With This Simple Recipe
Zucchi In Your Brownies? Indulge In This Happy Healthy Dessert
• 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pans
• 3 cups (390g) of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 1/3 cup (270g) sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (skip if using salted butter)
• 100 grams or 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
• 1 cup (120g) dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
• To drain any extra moisture, put the shredded zucchini in a strainer or colander set over a basin. Sprinkle water over the grated zucchini in the colander if it appears to be on the dry side, then allow it to drain.
• Set the oven's temperature to 350°F (175°C). Two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans, buttered. Preheat it.
• The flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and grated nutmeg should all be thoroughly mixed in a large bowl.
• Mix the sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and other ingredients in a different big basin (omit the salt if using salted butter). Add the melted butter after you've added the drained, grated zucchini.
• After each addition, whisk in a third of the flour mixture to the sugar-egg-zucchini combination. If using, gently fold in the nuts and raisins or dried cranberries.
• Equally, distribute the batter among the bread pans. A tester inserted into the centre should come out clean after baking the cake for 50 minutes at 350°F (175°C). 10 minutes to cool in pans. Move it to wire racks and let them cool.
How To Store Zucchini Bread
For several days, this bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or covered in plastic. Let it completely cool before wrapping it in plastic wrap and then securely in aluminium foil if you want to freeze it.
You should consume frozen zucchini bread within three months for a better taste. It can defrost in a low oven or while still covered on the tabletop.