You can create delicious Banana Fritters at home with just a few ingredients such as raw banana, besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric, baking soda, salt, and water.
Banana Fritters or Banana Bhaji is a traditional South Indian dish that is perfect for the monsoon season. Bhaji goes well with tea or coffee, making the combination ideal for the rainy season. You can create delicious Banana Fritters at home with just a few ingredients such as raw banana, besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric, baking soda, salt, and water. We fried the fritters in mustard oil, but you may use coconut oil to add more 'South Indian' flavours to the dish. If you don't want to deep fry the fritters, shallow cook them on a nonstick tawa in 2-4 tbsp oil. Banana Fritters are a combination of slightly sweet and salty flavours that will provide your taste senses with an unforgettable experience. Serve the Banana Fritters with your favourite chutney, such as mint chutney or ketchup. If you enjoy experimenting with new recipes at home, save this one for later.
• 1 large green unripe banana
• 2 tablespoon rice flour
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
• salt as required
• 1 cup mustard oil
• 3/4 cup gram flour (besan)
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1/4 cup water
1. Slice a raw banana into long, thin pieces after peeling it. Prepare the batter in the meantime and soak it in water for 5 minutes.
2. Add besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, and 1/2 cup of water to a bowl. Mix thoroughly to get a thick batter. While whisking, add baking soda to the batter to make it fluff.
3. Banana slices should be removed from the water and dried with a kitchen towel. Now, coat them thoroughly on all sides with the besan batter.
4. Put a kadhai on high heat and add the oil. Turn the flame to medium once smoke starts to come from the oil. If you're using mustard oil, you must complete this step.
5. Place the coated banana slices in the hot oil now, carefully. Deep-fry until golden brown on both sides. Put the cooked pieces on some absorbent paper after removal.
6. The banana fritters are now prepared for eating. Serve with the chutney of your choice.