Like Mangoes? Try This Frozen Mango Sandwich Recipe Now
- Jasmine Kaur
Updated : May 29, 2022 04:05 IST
Since it is the season of mangoes, you can experiment with the fruit in this recipe.
The sweet, juicy and pulpy fruit that tastes heavenly and makes us drool every summer, mangoes are surely the king of fruits. As soon as summers arrive, we are looking for something refreshing to devour and eat, right? The sweltering heat in India during this season makes dehydration very common. It is strongly advised by health experts and doctors to stay away from greasy, oily foods and indulge in those which have high water content. From fruits to vegetables, everything that has water and keeps the body cool is advised to be consumed. In the midst of this, it is natural for us to crave something sweet and tasty at times. What comes to the rescue? Mango.
Did you know that mangoes aren’t just a sweet fruit that most people enjoy during summers. It is actually beneficial for your body too. The same mango that is full of antioxidants and prevents infections is also a great way to have glowing and healthy skin and hair. It is believed that the orange-coloured fleshy part of the mango is good for maintaining eye health. A delicious treat to the taste buds, mangoes are so versatile that they can be eaten in several ways. From a thick and creamy mango shake to a fruity ice cream, tangy pickle or sour chutney, mangoes are found to be everywhere.
In fact, the variety of mangoes available are also immense. Chausa, dussehri, alphonso and hapus are some of them which are used for a variety of purposes. However, did you think that these mangoes could actually be made into a snack? Oh yes, we found just the perfect recipe of a frozen mango sandwich and we’re already drooling. Home Chef @theclassyfoodophile shares this super quick and easy recipe with us and it just needs 3 ingredients, can you believe it?
Want to try this fascinating recipe? Without further ado, here it goes.
- Whipped Cream
- White Bread-4 slices
- Firstly, choose a bright orange mango which smells sweet.
- Peel its skin and roughly dice it into small cubes.
- Grind it in a mixer until it forms a thick pulpy mixture or mango puree.
- Next, take some fresh cream. Whip the cream till it forms soft peaks. Make sure to keep the cream in the refrigerator before whipping so that it is chilled when taken out. This helps in whipping it better.
- Now, in a bowl mix the mango puree with whipped cream so that the resulting cream is a pale yellow colour.
- Take a slice of bread and spread this cream over it. Then take another peeled mango and slice into half. Place one half on the bread.
- Slather the mounted mango bread with some more mango cream and top it with another slice.
- Cover the sandwich in a plastic wrap and set it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Take it out and unwrap the plastic. Slice the sandwich in two halves and enjoy.