Let’s Celebrate With Some Vegan Desserts
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
It’s the time to eat guilt free, why not do it with some vegan desserts
The very thought of desserts makes you think that it’s loaded with butter, milk cream and of course eggs. But with Veganism on the rise and being the fad these days and vegan desserts are a proof that that you don’t need butter, eggs, or cream to create something that’s sweet, rich, and desirable. Replace the butter with coconut oil, substitute flaxseeds in place of eggs and get that fresh vanilla or maple syrup to give your dessert a life and hola it’s ready. Even you would be surprised how delicious it can turn out to be. Plant-based foods like the fruit and vegetable purees or nut butter have easily replaced the old school butter on the baking table. Also the fact that vegan dessert make for great replacement for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to eggs.
No matter what you’re craving for this festive holiday season, once you have got a hang of baking them the vegan way you would think twice before going back to old ways. Here are two simple and rather much easy vegan cupcake and cookies recipe by Chef Chef Rahul Gurav from Le Meridian Gurgaon to enjoy this season
Both simple to make and incredibly moist, this is a failsafe recipe for a rich and boozy festive banana cup cake. Packed with your choice of chocolate chips and walnuts - no one will ever guess it is vegan.
If you think soaking the fruit overnight is the only way to make a traditional Christmas cake, think again! This unique method with soya milk and almond flour which makes them very soft and moist, infused with chocolate and banana flavor. Yes, that's right - you can make this cake in just one afternoon!
Baking time: 20-25 minutes, Baking temperature: 160 degree, Yield per mould: 100gm
• Over ripe Banana’s -2 pieces
• Vegetable/ Sunflower oil 150ml
• Lemon Juice 30ml
• Brown Sugar 150gm
• Non Dairy Milk 4
• Vanilla 0.5ml
• Flour 225gm
• Almond Flour 60gm
• Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
• Baking Soda ¾ teaspoon
• Salt ¼ teaspoon
• Cinnamon ¾ teaspoon
• Nutmeg 1 pinch
• Walnut 75gm
• Chocolate Chips 90gm – 175gm
1) Whisk the ripened bananas and brown sugar together till sugar dissolves completely.
2) Add almond milk, then mix in the dry ingredients together.
3) Slowly start adding the mixture is whisking.
4) The batter is now ready to be baked in greased moulds.
5) Enjoy it warm with a drizzle of icing sugar.
Fudgy Brownie Cookie
Baking temperature: 160degree, Baking time: 15 minutes , Yield per cookies: 20gram
• 120gm Dark Chocolate (60% to 70%)
• 50ml Sunflower Oil
• 140gm Castor Sugar
• 80ml Water
• 130gm All Purpose Flour
• 30gm Cocoa Powder
• 1tsp Baking Powder
• ¼ teaspoon Salt
1) Melt chocolate and slowly add in oil into it.
2) On the side dissolve water and sugar together.
3) Mix in the chocolate mixture with water and finally, add in all the dry ingredients.
4) Bake it @160’C and enjoy warm for the perfect Christmas evening.