A perfect mouthwatering dish to make your day.
You must love grilled and roasted foods. They are not only tasty, but also incredibly nutritious. Grilling meals uses less oil and melts the excess fat from the components, making it an excellent choice for both dieters and non-dieters. Sometimes all you want is a mound of creamy mashed potatoes dripping with gravy that can go perfectly with the grilled chicken. And when you say occasionally, you mean all of the time. This Herb Grilled Chicken with Mashed Potatoes is one of those recipes where every bite is so savoury that it provides the most soothing relief to your taste senses.
There have been several methods of preparing and cooking food since the invention of the notion. All of these ways may produce a variety of flavour experiences, making dinner time more interesting. One typical method of cooking is to use a grill, notably for barbecue. This is how this cooking method gained popularity.
Grilling dates back to the 17th century, when the Arawak tribe of the Caribbean and South America invented it. These individuals used sticks to start a fire and then placed the meat on it. Barbacoa was the name given to this cooking procedure. Conquerors from Spain accepted this notion, which evolved until the 18th century, when inhabitants in southeastern America adopted it. Pigs were roasted over a fire for hours, and various sauces and wood kinds were employed to give the flesh distinct tastes.
Ellsworth B. A. Zwoyer was the first to patent a concept for charcoal briquettes in 1897, but his thunder was partly stolen by the Kingsford firm, which people connect with grilling.
Marinating the Chicken
1. 2 pcs. Chicken Breast
2. 1 tbsp Oil
3. 2 tsp Mustard paste
4. 1/2 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
5. 1/4 tsp Rosemary (crushed)
6. Salt (as required)
7. 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
8. 1 tsp Lime Juice
9. 1 tbsp Refined Flour
Grilling the Chicken
1. 1 tbsp Oil
For Mashed Potato
1. 2 tbsp Butter
2. 1 cup Potato (boiled & mashed)
3. 1/8 tsp Nutmeg Powder
4. Salt (as required)
5. 1 tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
6. 3-4 tbsp Milk
7. 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
For the Veggies
1. 2 tbsp Oil
2. 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
3. 1 cup Assorted Vegetables (carrot, capsicum & zucchini)
4. 1 sprig Rosemary (chopped)
5. 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
6. Salt (as required)
For the Sauce
1. 3-4 tbsp Water
2. 1 tsp Mustard Paste
3. 4-5 Lemon Slices
4. 1 sprig Rosemary
5. 2 tbsp Water
6. 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
1. To start with the chicken, first start marinating the chicken.
2. Take the chicken in a bowl. Add some oil, mustard paste, chopped garlic, the star ingredient rosemary, some salt, some seasoning, black pepper and a few drops of lemon. Start massaging the chicken in the marination method. Let all the ingredients combine properly.
3. Now dust the chicken with some flour because this will give the chicken breasts a nice colour after getting grilled. This also adds a nice layer to the marination.
4. After marinating the chicken, now it's the time to grill it.
5. Take some oil in a grilling pan and heat it for a while on the gas stove. Sear them from both sides for at least 12 minutes.
6. After cooking from the first side, sear it from the other side too.
For Mashed Potatoes:
1. Take some butter in a pan, once it starts melting, add the mashed potatoes into it and cook for a minute. After cooking for a few minutes, add some nutmeg powder, This will give a perfect aroma to the mash when it will get ready.
2. Now mix properly all the ingredients that are available in the pan.
3. Now season it with some salt and pepper and add some milk. To give a perfect finish to the mash, add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream to it. Mix properly. The mashed potatoes are ready.
To Saute Vegetables:
1. Take another pan and add some oil to it. Add some chopped garlic, after a few minutes when you can have the garlic's aroma in the air, add all the chopped vegetables and some chopped rosemary. To season it, add some salt and crushed pepper. Toss them up. The vegetables are ready.
2. Again saute the chicken for one last time. Cook it for a few more minutes.
3. Take the bowl where you have marinated the chicken, add some water to it and try to clean all the stuck marinated sauce from it and add this to the pan where you are sauteing the chicken again.
4. Add a little mustard sauce to it. Let the chicken get gently mixed into the stock. This can be a nice gravy for the chicken.
5. Now place all the prepared ingredients together and serve hot.
This Rosemary Grilled Chicken might provide a getaway from your mood swings while still maintaining your low diet approach.