It's Onam; Heard Sawan Dutta’s Mutta Roast Song Yet?
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : September 08, 2022 16:09 IST
This Mutta Roast song was everything you were looking for!
Onam is here and this festival comes with a lot of enthusiasm and festive vibes. It’s that time of the year when we get to relish the lip-smacking food as Onam Sadya grand feast. Though Onam Sadya is primarily vegetarian, there are some non-vegetarian dishes that make it to the feast as well. Mutta Roast is one of them. This Kerala-style egg roast is absolutely delicious and holds a special place in the heart of Malayalis.
You may have heard or read about many Mutta Roast recipes but the one with a song is something that you may not have encountered with. A youtuber Sawan Dutta has done that for you. She mixed the two most loved things i.e., food and music together and came up with a funny-yet-rhythmic song. On the occasion of Onam, Dutta shared a classic, funny, and rhythmic Mutta roast song and we can get not get enough of it. She has been singing and telling the recipe for this famous dish and it is worth it. Her song has definitely made our Onam even better!
Sawan Dutta has a channel named Metronome, a pathbreaking song blog where she creates original songs and videos related to various subjects that she sees in her day-to-day life. Besides, she is perhaps the first and only person with a collection of recipe songs apart from other travel and quirky song stories. Believe me, her mutta roast song is so good and it will trigger your mutta roast cravings. For that, here is a quick recipe for mutta roast that you can relish on the day. Thank us later!!I
- 4 eggs
- 4 to 5 onions (thinly sliced)
- Some mustard seeds
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Take a pan and heat oil in it
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Add the sliced onions and fry for 5 to 6 minutes
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt
- Add sliced tomatoes and sugar
- Let it cook until the oil is completely absorbed
- Place boiled eggs in between the onion mix and cover it up
- Let it cook until you see the egg sides change their colour
- When you see the colour, it’s done
- Serve with rice, roti, appam, or toast