Inverted Strawberry Cake: A Sweetened, Moist and Dense Dessert
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 26, 2022 15:08 IST
A cake with a goodness of strawberries within is made with a base of buttery vanilla batter that will keep you wanting to eat it all-season long
Firstly, there is no such thing as too much strawberries! Strawberries are the most suited and ideal for any romantic dinner. And if you want to impress your crush on the very first date? Then prepare this Inverted Strawberry Cake at home and show your love. Because this Strawberry Upside-Down Cake is a classic - bake it, invert it, decorate it, for a splendidly elegant and tasteful dessert. But What distinguishes this strawberry cake from others? The fact that this homely prepared upside down cake exclusively includes loads of exotic berries with no added preservatives. The exemplary flavour of the strawberry makes it one of America’s most favoured fruit, whether it is consumed freshly or cooked.
The strawberries have been used for a variety of purposes throughout history other than nourishment. Because of its red hue and heart-shape , it was employed as a symbol for Venus, the Goddess of Love. Strawberries ought to have significant medical value by the ancient Romans to treat kidney stones, melancholy, and other conditions. Mediaeval stone carvers carved strawberry patterns on altars and around the tops of pillars in churches and cathedrals. Madame Tallien, a prominent woman at the court of Emperor Napoleon, was renowned for taking baths in fresh strawberry juice. The word strawberry is most likely a corruption of the phrase ‘strewn berry’, despite the fact its precise origin is unknown. Strawberry as per fact is an accessory fruit and not achenes. Achenes are what people often mistake for the visible seeds that cover the surface of the plant.
Prep time – 40 minutes
Cooking time – 60 minutes
Servings - 4
For Strawberry Topping:
- 400 gm Strawberry, chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100 gm Butter, salted and softened
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Yoghurt
For Strawberry syrup:
- 200 gm Strawberry, chopped
- 110 gm Raw Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
For the Base
- Take the strawberries and slice them a little thick.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan, add parchment paper. Pour the melted butter and spread evenly all over. Remove the extra butter.
- Place the strawberries nicely, covering all the minor gaps as well.
- Now, add sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
For Cake Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, blend softened salted butter with soft brown sugar. Beat them well.
- Into the same bowl, break an egg and add vanilla extract. Beat again thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine all-purpose flour( Maida), baking soda and baking powder. Mix well. Divide the dry mix into 3 parts and fresh yoghurt into 2 parts.
- Transfer the dry mix and yoghurt simultaneously into the buttery egg mixture, one-by-one in batches. Beat the ingredients together.
- Keep adding further while beating until the ingredients are blended.
- Pour this mixture over the strawberry base, spreading it evenly.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Take out the cake and let it cool.
- Now, invert it onto a serving plate and gently remove the butter paper.
For Strawberry Sauce
- In a heated pan, add chopped strawberries, sugar and cornflour. Mix them over low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and spread it on the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake and serve it with vanilla ice-cream!
Relish this beautiful Inverted Strawberry Cake, which is almost impossible to resist because of its enticing perfume, delicious sweetness, and vibrant colour. Next time, instead of going out, prepare this cake and make numerous memorable moments