How To Make Whipped Cream At Home: These Tips Will Camp Up Your Baked Goodies
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Tired of making a liquidy mess in the name of whipped cream? These tips are here to save your life.
The foamy, fluffy, creamy and delicious treat sitting pretty that can amp up any dessert to another level altogether. Yes, you guessed it right. We are talking about whipped cream. If there’s any condiment that can revamp a dessert to something more creamier, tastier and more presentable, it is none other than whipped cream. The condiment is light, creamy and fluffy in texture and is a quintessential part of numerous desserts and beverages- from cupcakes to soft drinks and iced tea.
Being fondly attracted to baking, I tried making whipped cream for my baked goodies numerous times but unfortunately, it turned into a liquidy mess. However, after numerous failed attempts, I finally learned how to make whipped cream at home. The satisfaction after achieving a foamy, airy, light and delicious whipped cream is incomparable. Hence, to help you do the same, here are some tips you need to keep in mind. Follow the process below to get perfect whipped cream at home.
1. Make sure you use heavy cream and not low-fat cream as it will result in a liquidy mess. The fat content forces the air into the liquid and results in a stable mass form.
2. Ensure the heavy cream is cold enough to form stiff peaks.
3. Add the cream and confectioner’s/powdered sugar to the bowl of the mixer (if you are using a stand mixer) or a big bowl and whisk it together at high speed until you attain a light, airy and foamy texture.
4. Once you attain the desired texture, add vanilla or cocoa essence to add flavour to it. You can also add some spices of your choice to add more flavours to it.
5. Once you are done adding the flavouring ingredients, mix well to combine everything together. Then, serve it immediately or refrigerate it in a sealed container for up to an hour or two.
Now that you know how to ace making whipped cream at home, you don’t have to deal with a or liquidy whipped cream anymore.