How To Make Street Style Sev Puri At Home
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : August 05, 2022 16:08 IST
Try this street style sev puri recipe at home!
Indian cuisine's sev puri is a chaat-style snack. It is an Indian speciality that comes from Pune, Maharashtra. Sev puri is frequently served at fancy restaurants but has a strong street food reputation in Pune and Mumbai. Recently, stores have begun carrying sev puri and related snacks like bhelpuri in ready-to-eat packets. Sev puri does not have a set recipe, but the basic components are the same and are utilised frequently. Sev puris are constructed mostly of crispy papdi (flat puris), which are stuffed with diced potatoes, chickpeas, onions, and different chutneys. Some common chutneys include spicy mint, sweet-sour tamarind, chilli, and garlic. Sev is then placed on top of the filled puris. It is seasoned with a variety of herbs, spices, and flavours, including chaat masala, raw mango, ginger, anise, cumin, and clove.
Here's how you can make street style sev puri at home-
1. 6 Plain Puris (Plain Papdis) available ready made in supermarkets
2. 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
3. 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
4. 1 Potato boiled, peeled, mashed
5. 1 tsp Tamarind Extract
6. 1 tsp Sugar
7. 1 tsp Salt
8. 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
9. 1/8 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
10. 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
11. 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
12. 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
13. 2 tsp Thick Curd thick
14. 2 tsp Sprouted Green Gram or Boiled Chickpeas
15. 1/4 cup Plain Sev
16. few Coriander Leaves chopped
1. Put every puri or papadi on a plate.
2. Add a little salt to the potatoes and thoroughly mash.
3. Put a quarter teaspoon of potato inside each puri.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon each of sugar and salt to the curd.
5. Stir well after adding the pepper powder. Set apart.
6. In an another bowl, mix the tamarind extract with the remaining sugar, salt, and spices.
7. Add the jeera powder, chilli powder, and chilli flakes. Mix well.
8. To the puris, add some sprouted grains, chopped onions, and tomatoes.
9. Then add the imli chutney and curd to it.
10. Add some sev on the top.
11. Add the coriander leaves as a garnish.