How To Make Paneer Butter Masala: 6 Tips To Make This Dhaba Style Curry
- Preeti Deepa
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Paneer butter masala is the vegetarian cousin of chicken butter masala, and both these dishes share the same gravy.
When it comes to vegetarian Indian meals, paneer is a quintessential ingredient to add to it. Be it a starter or the main course; paneer is undoubtedly one of the best things to add to your menu. From the delicious paneer tikka to the ever-decadent paneer kadai, paneer dishes are all thing delicious and drool-worthy. The versatile ingredient is easy to be incorporated into any course. However, if we look at the most loved and popular paneer dishes, paneer butter masala will be one of them. The rich and buttery gravy, along with the soft, delicious chunks of paneer, is sufficient to leave you drooling over it for days.
Paneer butter masala is the vegetarian cousin of chicken butter masala, and both these dishes share the same gravy. The cashews, dollops of butter, assortment of spices and chunks of paneer make the dish a decadent affair. As winters are here, we need something rich, buttery and delicious to indulge in, and paneer butter masala is undoubtedly one of them. If you want to make paneer butter masala at home, here are some tips and tricks that we trust with.
1. Use fresh paneer for best taste and texture.
2. Marinate the paneer cubes with salt and chilli powder before frying them.
3. Use whole spices and fry them with oil/butter for some seconds to eliminate the raw taste.
4. Add a drizzle of honey and a garnish of kasoori methi for aroma and flavour.
5. Add some milk to the gravy and stir it in for better flavours.
6. After the paneer cubes are added, finish the gravy with a dash of cardamom powder and a dollop of fresh cream.
Next time, keep the above tips in mind when making paneer butter masala. Also, follow the recipe and let us know how you like it.