How To Make Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- Risha Ganguly
Updated : September 08, 2022 18:09 IST
We can cook so many different dishes of various cuisines with mushroom
Mushrooms are one of the most versatile ingredients to cook with. They go well with gravies, salads, rice and with pasta. They are pretty low in calories too, so eating mushrooms is healthy too. But even though we acknowledge that mushrooms can be used to cook a lot of dishes, we remain stuck on a few like pastas or stir-fried mushroom. We can actually cook so many different dishes of various cuisines with mushroom and that is the reason we will share the recipe of a super creamy and delicious mushroom stroganoff, that will forever change the way you cook the fungi.
- Before we look at the recipe, let us see what are the health benefits of mushrooms -
- It helps in controlling cholesterol levels of the body.
- It is really good for heart health.
- It is a great vegetarian source to increase the immunity of the body.
- Mushrooms help with weight loss.
- Some researchers claim that cancer helps to fight cancer.
Now, let us look at the recipe for mushroom stroganoff.
- 250 gms button mushrooms
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 8-9 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Take a pan and heat the butter in it. Now, sautee the onions till they are soft and golden.
- Take the onions off the heat and keep them aside.
- In a deeper pan, add butter and garlic cloves.
- When the mushroom starts leaving water, add thyme, paprika and all-purpose flour and mix it well.
- Heat up the veg stock and add it to the mushrooms.
- Add the soy sauce and dijon mustard, along with salt and pepper.
- When the stroganoff is almost cooked, add the cream and garnish chopped coriander.
Serve the mushroom with rice, garlic bread or even without anything. The mushroom stroganoff is like a warm, creamy bowl of comfort. This is a mushroom dish that would leave you wanting for more.